A question on the GSoC priority of the Project: Python module for GIWS

jngb8511 jngb8511

A question on the GSoC priority of the Project: Python module for GIWS

Dear Mentor,

       My name is Bei Guan and I am a graduate student from BeiJing of China. I am writing to get more information about the GSoC priority on Scilib Projects for GSOC 2010.

I found some projects on the website http://wiki.scilab.org/Ideas_of_development_for_Scilab have the GSoC priority, Medium or High, but some don’t, for example the project: Python module for GIWS. What important roles of the GSoC priority play in the last accepted projects? Does it mean the projects with no GSoC priority will have little chance to be accepted at last? What is the matter last year?

Your early reply is my great appreciation. Thank you very much! :)

Yours Sincerely,

Bei Guan

--
BEI GUAN

Re: A question on the GSoC priority of the Project: Python module for GIWS

Hello,

Le mardi 30 mars 2010 à 12:29 +0800, jngb8511 a écrit :

> Dear Mentor,
>

>        My name is Bei Guan and I am a graduate student from BeiJing of
> China. I am writing to get more information about the GSoC priority on
> Scilib Projects for GSOC 2010.
>

> I found some projects on the website
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Ideas_of_development_for_Scilab have the GSoC
> priority, Medium or High, but some don’t, for example the project:
> Python module for GIWS. What important roles of the GSoC priority play
> in the last accepted projects?
It is just a factor among others. A bad proposal with a high priority
won't be selected...

>  Does it mean the projects with no GSoC priority will have little
> chance to be accepted at last?
No. It is doesn't mean that, however, please contact me before.

> What is the matter last year?
what about last year ?

Sylvestre

--