Accurate and Portable Elementary Functions

Edyta Przymus Edyta Przymus

Accurate and Portable Elementary Functions

Hello Scilab community!

Today, the GSOC 2012 was announced. Is Scilab going to participate
this year? I would be glad to apply to Scilab this year again! I'm
initially interested in this project:
http://wiki.scilab.org/Contributor%20-%20APEF . Is its priority still
high? Could you tell me if it's a good choice, or maybe you have any
kind of ideas what more important could be done by me this year?

Kindest regards!
Edyta
Sylvestre Ledru-4 Sylvestre Ledru-4

Re: Accurate and Portable Elementary Functions

Hello,

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 21:49:29 +0100, Edyta Przymus wrote:
> Hello Scilab community!
>
> Today, the GSOC 2012 was announced. Is Scilab going to participate
> this year?
We haven't decided if we are going to run or not this year but I will
let you know as soon as we know more.

> I would be glad to apply to Scilab this year again! I'm
> initially interested in this project:
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Contributor%20-%20APEF . Is its priority still
> high? Could you tell me if it's a good choice, or maybe you have any
> kind of ideas what more important could be done by me this year?
Well, a student worked on this subject last year. We haven't push this
further (introduction or not into Scilab).
The results are interesting in precision but disappointing in the
performance point of view...

By the way, you have some pending comments in the code review (like the
matlab compatibility). Don't hesitate to drop them if they are
already included.

Sylvestre