Appimage or Flatpak for Scilab

Murmele Murmele

Appimage or Flatpak for Scilab

Hello,

I would like to ask if there already exist a flatpak or appimage package for scilab or if there is a plan to build one?

Best regards,

Martin

Re: Appimage or Flatpak for Scilab

Hello Martin,

Le mardi 31 janvier 2017 à 07:21 -0700, Murmele a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask if there already exist a flatpak or appimage package for
> scilab or if there is a plan to build one?

Currently there is no plan to do so as the scilab binary is working well on Linux.

I though about making a flatpack based on org.freedesktop.Platform some months ago but the hard task
is to rebuild Scilab dependencies on the restricted env. to be consistent. AFAIK there is also no
flatpak runtime for OpenJDK/JRE.

Murmele Murmele

Re: Appimage or Flatpak for Scilab

ok I understand what you mean. Thank you for you explanation!.

Martin

Murmele Murmele

Re: Appimage or Flatpak for Scilab

Hello,

I found on this link: https://bintray.com/probono/AppImages/Scilab an AppImage package. Is this an official AppImage or generated by someone? I tried it out and it works fine :)

Best regards,

Martin

ok I understand what you mean. Thank you for you explanation!.

Martin

On Jan 31, 2017 18:28, "Clément David" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Martin,

Le mardi 31 janvier 2017 à 07:21 -0700, Murmele a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask if there already exist a flatpak or appimage package for
> scilab or if there is a plan to build one?

Currently there is no plan to do so as the scilab binary is working well on Linux.

I though about making a flatpack based on org.freedesktop.Platform some months ago but the hard task
is to rebuild Scilab dependencies on the restricted env. to be consistent. AFAIK there is also no
flatpak runtime for OpenJDK/JRE.

Re: Appimage or Flatpak for Scilab

Hi Martin,

That's probably a repack of your scilab binary so not official :) .

After some reading on AppImage it is really similar to our current tar.gz executable version so
after our minimal platform upgrade we might switch to it.

Could you file a bug with detailed description of your need (basically why the current executable
version is not suitable for you and AppImage is much better) ?