Beginner question

Sébastien Bihorel-2 Sébastien Bihorel-2

Beginner question

Dear Scilab users,

I am a complete beginner to Scilab, and I am trying to convert some of my Matlab code into the Scilab language. In Matlab, one can use the path/addpath functions to make available some functions stored in a specific directory. If those function are stored in several directories, one can use several of those calls so that all functions are readily available without having to switch from one working directory to the other. I don't seem to find equivalent functions in Scilab.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sebastien

Collette yann-2 Collette yann-2

Re: Beginner question

[hidden email] a écrit :
> Dear Scilab users,
>
> I am a complete beginner to Scilab, and I am trying to convert some of my Matlab code into the Scilab language. In Matlab, one can use the path/addpath functions to make available some functions stored in a specific directory. If those function are stored in several directories, one can use several of those calls so that all functions are readily available without having to switch from one working directory to the other. I don't seem to find equivalent functions in Scilab.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Sebastien

To make all your .sci scilab functions, you must load them into Scilab
by using the getd function:

getd('path_to_the_sci_dir');

Them, you can use your functions like in matlab.

YC