Quantcast

Clear, export only an axis

Alexx Alexx

Clear, export only an axis

Hello,

Is it possible, when many axes (plot2d or polarplot) are docked into a unique figure, to export the PNG of an axis like with the xs2png() function and a figure, without exporting the whole figure?
Also, is it possible to clear only one axis which is contained into a figure without clearing the whole figure?
It seems that clear(handle) and xs2png(handle, file_path) accepts only figure handles.
Does anyone has the same problem?

Re: Clear, export only an axis

Hello,

>Is it possible, when many axes (plot2d or polarplot) are docked into a unique figure,

You mean: when using subplot()? Then, we do not properly speak about "docking".
Figures that are really docked together or to the desktop remain separated.

>to export the PNG of an axis like with the xs2png() function
>and a figure, without exporting the whole figure?

AFAIK, it is not possible. Exports apply only to whole figures.
But you may copy() an axes alone into a new figure, and then export this one.

>Also, is it possible to clear only one axis which is contained into a figure
>without clearing the whole figure?
Yes, with
delete(handle_of_the_axes)

HTH
Alexx Alexx

Re: Clear, export only an axis

Thank you Samuel,

good idea to copy the axis into a new figure, i could do what I wanted. I just turn the new figure invisible to make the process transparent for the user. We can see the new figure opening and closing right away (seeable no more than 0.3s). Nevertheless, I didn't succes in doing the contrary, that's to say to copy a whole figure containing only one axis into a frame which occupies a part of a figure.

Anyway, it's good to have new tracks!
Have a good day

Le 04/05/2017 à 01:53, Samuel GOUGEON [via Scilab / Xcos - Mailing Lists Archives] a écrit :
Hello,

>Is it possible, when many axes (plot2d or polarplot) are docked into a unique figure,

You mean: when using subplot()? Then, we do not properly speak about "docking".
Figures that are really docked together or to the desktop remain separated.

>to export the PNG of an axis like with the xs2png() function
>and a figure, without exporting the whole figure?

AFAIK, it is not possible. Exports apply only to whole figures.
But you may copy() an axes alone into a new figure, and then export this one.

>Also, is it possible to clear only one axis which is contained into a figure
>without clearing the whole figure?
Yes, with
delete(handle_of_the_axes)

HTH
To unsubscribe from Clear, export only an axis, click here.
NAML

Re: Clear, export only an axis

Hello Alexx,

Le 10/05/2017 à 08:56, Alexx a écrit :
> Thank you Samuel,
>
> good idea to copy the axis into a new figure, i could do what I
> wanted. I just turn the new figure invisible to make the process
> transparent for the user. We can see the new figure opening and
> closing right away (seeable no more than 0.3s). Nevertheless, I didn't
> succes in doing the contrary, that's to say to copy a whole figure
> containing only one axis into a frame which occupies a part of a figure.

You may try to copy only the axes. A whole figure can't be a child of a
frame, but an axes can.