CodeReview : How to download a files set?

CodeReview : How to download a files set?

Hello,

Is there any way from the CodeReview Gerrit interface, for a given review,
to download the set of files of a given patch set?

I am aware about downloading each file when we edit it or see its diff.
Also about downloading the patch file from the Download area.
But from the same area, the Archive links look to download the whole
Scilab...
not only the files of the set. At least, the download is extremely
long... So i interrupt it.

Am i missing anything? Is that possible?

Thanks for any hint.

Antoine ELIAS-2 Antoine ELIAS-2

Re: CodeReview : How to download a files set?

No I don't find this option too.
What is the goal behind ? ( to find another way if it is possible )

Le 03/03/2018 à 23:31, Antoine ELIAS a écrit :
> No I don't find this option too.
> What is the goal behind ? ( to find another way if it is possible )

To easily save a copy of the files set as it is, without to have to pick
up them one by one by hand in the Scilab's tree.

Do you know what does contain the Archives behind their links?

Antoine ELIAS-2 Antoine ELIAS-2

Re: CodeReview : How to download a files set?

You can download the diff file and apply it to your local repo.

git apply xxxxxxxx.diff

After that you have modified files locally.
(without commit, history, ...)

Le 03/03/2018 à 23:31, Antoine ELIAS a écrit :

> No I don't find this option too.
> What is the goal behind ? ( to find another way if it is possible )
>
> Antoine
> Le 03/03/2018 à 17:50, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there any way from the CodeReview Gerrit interface, for a given
>> review,
>> to download the set of files of a given patch set?
>>
>> I am aware about downloading each file when we edit it or see its diff.
>> Also about downloading the patch file from the Download area.
>> But from the same area, the Archive links look to download the whole
>> Scilab...
>> not only the files of the set. At least, the download is extremely
>> long... So i interrupt it.
>>
>> Am i missing anything? Is that possible?
>>
>> Thanks for any hint.
>>
>> Samuel

Antoine ELIAS-2 Antoine ELIAS-2

Re: CodeReview : How to download a files set?

> Le 03/03/2018 à 23:31, Antoine ELIAS a écrit :
>> No I don't find this option too.
>> What is the goal behind ? ( to find another way if it is possible )
>
> To easily save a copy of the files set as it is, without to have to
> pick up them one by one by hand in the Scilab's tree.
>
> Do you know what does contain the Archives behind their links?
No, but It seems to be a large archive, so I think it is the full source
tree (HEAD + current commit).

Le 03/03/2018 à 23:41, Antoine ELIAS a écrit :
> You can download the diff file and apply it to your local repo.
>
> git apply xxxxxxxx.diff
>
> After that you have modified files locally.
> (without commit, history, ...)

But then, local files are still spread among the Scilab tree.
Aren't they?

Antoine ELIAS-2 Antoine ELIAS-2

Re: CodeReview : How to download a files set?

> Le 03/03/2018 à 23:41, Antoine ELIAS a écrit :
>> You can download the diff file and apply it to your local repo.
>>
>> git apply xxxxxxxx.diff
>>
>> After that you have modified files locally.
>> (without commit, history, ...)
>
> But then, local files are still spread among the Scilab tree.
> Aren't they?
Yes.

Le 03/03/2018 à 23:50, Antoine ELIAS a écrit :

> Le 03/03/2018 à 23:47, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
>> Le 03/03/2018 à 23:41, Antoine ELIAS a écrit :
>>> You can download the diff file and apply it to your local repo.
>>>
>>> git apply xxxxxxxx.diff
>>>
>>> After that you have modified files locally.
>>> (without commit, history, ...)
>>
>> But then, local files are still spread among the Scilab tree.
>> Aren't they?
> Yes.

Wondering about this situation, i think it is deliberate from GIT/Gerrit
designers,
in order to avoid this kind of "old behavior" : making copies.. And then
managing them...

So we just have to trust the full System and its robustness,
reliability, reversibility, and eternity.
So, let's just do that
;)
Good night