Communication Systems Blockset for Xcos

sreeraj r sreeraj r

Communication Systems Blockset for Xcos

Hi,
    I am a student of IIT Bombay, India currently doing my masters in communication and signal processing. I use scilab for my wireless scheduling simulations and is a regular user of other open-source tools (sage, scipy, gnuradio etc) for my research purposes.

I would like to know more about the mentor's expectations for this module (Comm system blockset). I couldn't find any Finite/Galois field modules for scilab and this link (http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/galois-fields/) doesn't seem to have any commits. A basic finite fields module will be required for the proper implementation of error correcting codes (or else we have to hardcode generator matrices for some specific cases). Is there anyone working on such a module or is it expected from this xcos blockset.

It would be really helpful if someone can give me some pointers.
--
regards
Sreeraj R

Sylvestre Ledru-4 Sylvestre Ledru-4

Re: Communication Systems Blockset for Xcos

On 23/03/2012 16:11, sreeraj r wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am a student of IIT Bombay, India currently doing my masters in
> communication and signal processing. I use scilab for my wireless
> scheduling simulations and is a regular user of other open-source
> tools (sage, scipy, gnuradio etc) for my research purposes.

Sweet :)
> I would like to know more about the mentor's expectations for this
> module (Comm system blockset). I couldn't find any Finite/Galois field
> modules for scilab and this link
> (http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/galois-fields/) doesn't seem to
> have any commits. A basic finite fields module will be required for
> the proper implementation of error correcting codes (or else we have
> to hardcode generator matrices for some specific cases). Is there
> anyone working on such a module or is it expected from this xcos blockset.

I am not familiar enough in this field to answer to you but I don't
remember seeing such features in Scilab. But you could:
* find some alternatives
* plan to develop this component
* look at other implementations (free or not) to see how they are doing it.

Sylvestre