Context for Scilab messages

Yuri Chornoivan Yuri Chornoivan

Context for Scilab messages

Hi!

The messages in the current Scilab localization files are sorted alphabetically that sometimes lead to puzzles where different part of the same message are scattered through the big translation file. The comments in PO file will be the good hint in these cases, but they are regretfully not shown neither in Rosetta, nor in offline editors due to the extra #-line.

Example:

#
# File: macros/Sources/tkscaleblk.sci, line: 49
msgid "&File"
msgstr ""
#
# File: macros/Sources/tkscaleblk.sci, line: 50
msgid "&Tools"
msgstr ""

Should be:

# File: macros/Sources/tkscaleblk.sci, line: 49
msgid "&File"
msgstr ""

# File: macros/Sources/tkscaleblk.sci, line: 50
msgid "&Tools"
msgstr ""

The question: Is it worth to change the extraction script accordingly? Can it be changed?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards,
Yuri

Re: Context for Scilab messages

Le mercredi 11 mai 2011 à 03:18 -0700, Yuri Chornoivan a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> The messages in the current Scilab localization files are sorted
> alphabetically that sometimes lead to puzzles where different part of the
> same message are scattered through the big translation file. The comments in
> PO file will be the good hint in these cases, but they are regretfully not
> shown neither in Rosetta, nor in offline editors due to the extra #-line.
>
> Example:
>
> #
> # File: macros/Sources/tkscaleblk.sci, line: 49
> msgid "&File"
> msgstr ""
> #
> # File: macros/Sources/tkscaleblk.sci, line: 50
> msgid "&Tools"
> msgstr ""
>
> Should be:
>
> # File: macros/Sources/tkscaleblk.sci, line: 49
> msgid "&File"
> msgstr ""
>
> # File: macros/Sources/tkscaleblk.sci, line: 50
> msgid "&Tools"
> msgstr ""
>
> The question: Is it worth to change the extraction script accordingly? Can
> it be changed?
You mean the template (.pot) or localization files (.po) ?
I have control on the template but .po are coming from launchpad and I
am doing a basic copy.

Sylvestre

Yuri Chornoivan Yuri Chornoivan

Re: Context for Scilab messages

написане Wed, 11 May 2011 13:49:55 +0300, sylvestre [via Scilab / Xcos -
Mailing Lists Archives] <[hidden email]>:

>> The question: Is it worth to change the extraction script accordingly?
>> Can
>> it be changed?
> You mean the template (.pot) or localization files (.po) ?
> I have control on the template but .po are coming from launchpad and I
> am doing a basic copy.
>
> Sylvestre

I mean templates.

And I was wrong... Some further investigation shows that for some reason
Launchpad ignores (and strips away) Scilab comments like this:

#
# File: macros/Sources/tkscaleblk.sci, line: 51

But shows the comments like this (Inkscape):

#: ../share/filters/filters.svg.h:133

Lokalize and Virtaal show the comments from the raw Scilab template
flawlessly, but there are no comments in the PO-files exported from LP.

Really strange... Rosetta bug?

Thanks in advance for the hints.

Yuri

Le mercredi 11 mai 2011 à 04:12 -0700, Yuri Chornoivan a écrit :

> написане Wed, 11 May 2011 13:49:55 +0300, sylvestre [via Scilab / Xcos
> -
> Mailing Lists Archives] <[hidden email]>:
>
> >> The question: Is it worth to change the extraction script
> accordingly?
> >> Can
> >> it be changed?
> > You mean the template (.pot) or localization files (.po) ?
> > I have control on the template but .po are coming from launchpad and
> > am doing a basic copy.
> >
> > Sylvestre
>
> I mean templates.
>
> And I was wrong... Some further investigation shows that for some
> reason
> Launchpad ignores (and strips away) Scilab comments like this:
>
> #
> # File: macros/Sources/tkscaleblk.sci, line: 51
>
> But shows the comments like this (Inkscape):
>
> #: ../share/filters/filters.svg.h:133
>
> Lokalize and Virtaal show the comments from the raw Scilab template
> flawlessly, but there are no comments in the PO-files exported from
> LP.
>
> Really strange... Rosetta bug?
Rosetta maintainers are reactive and already fixed some bugs for us. You
should report a bug:
https://launchpad.net/launchpad

Yuri Chornoivan Yuri Chornoivan

Re: Context for Scilab messages

написане Wed, 11 May 2011 14:27:49 +0300, sylvestre [via Scilab / Xcos -
Mailing Lists Archives] <[hidden email]>:

> Rosetta maintainers are reactive and already fixed some bugs for us. You
> should report a bug:
> https://launchpad.net/launchpad

Done.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/781094