Context menu translation problem of SwingScilabConsole.

Hiroshi Saito Hiroshi Saito

Context menu translation problem of SwingScilabConsole.

Hi All.

I have a context menu translation problem.
Please see.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/Scilab/problem/Translate_problem_1.png

It seems that this problem needs to consider a solution.
This problem originates in the conditions which take in a message
text differing from the conditions at the time of operation.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/Scilab/problem/Translate_problem_2.png

ex.)
copyMenu.setText(Messages.gettext("Copy"));
copyMenu.setMnemonic('C');

strings required for this operation serves as  "&Copy".
it is not "Copy"......
http://winpg.jp/~saito/Scilab/problem/Translate_problem_3.png

Although I have a problem in Japanese, how is it in other countries?
or does someone have a good idea?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Allan CORNET Allan CORNET

RE: Context menu translation problem of SwingScilabConsole.

Hi,

In fact, there are some fuzzy translations, in these case default message (English) are used.

For example "Cut" in ja_JP:

#, fuzzy
msgid "Cut"
msgstr ""
"#-#-#-#-#  gui.po (scilab)  #-#-#-#-#\n"
"切り取り(u)\n"
"#-#-#-#-#  xcos.po (scilab)  #-#-#-#-#\n"
"切り取り\n"
"#-#-#-#-#  xpad.po (scilab)  #-#-#-#-#\n"
"切り取り"

You can see this in SCI \locale\ja_JP\LC_MESSAGES\scilab.po for ja_JP language

See fuzzy:

        -- Building for "zh_TW" --
1736 translated messages, 59 fuzzy translations, 874 untranslated messages.
        -- Building for "zh_CN" --
2594 translated messages, 73 fuzzy translations, 663 untranslated messages.
        -- Building for "uk_UA" --
3336 translated messages, 12 fuzzy translations.
        -- Building for "ru_RU" --
3245 translated messages, 1 untranslated message.
        -- Building for "pt_BR" --
2458 translated messages, 34 fuzzy translations, 462 untranslated messages.
        -- Building for "ja_JP" --
3161 translated messages, 100 fuzzy translations, 74 untranslated messages.
        -- Building for "it_IT" --
2928 translated messages, 35 fuzzy translations, 40 untranslated messages.
        -- Building for "fr_FR" --
3335 translated messages.
        -- Building for "es_ES" --
3288 translated messages, 46 fuzzy translations, 1 untranslated message.
        -- Building for "en_US" --
0 translated messages, 3343 untranslated messages.
        -- Building for "de_DE" --
3292 translated messages, 42 fuzzy translations, 1 untranslated message.
        -- Building for "ca_ES" --
3329 translated messages, 5 fuzzy translations, 1 untranslated message.

Allan

 --
 -------------------------
 Allan CORNET

Hiroshi Saito Hiroshi Saito

Re: Context menu translation problem of SwingScilabConsole.

Hi Allan-san.

Thank you for a quick response.

Ugaaa...
I need Mnemonic character adjustment carefully.

Thanks!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito