Deploying a Scilab module

Federico Bergero Federico Bergero

Deploying a Scilab module

Hi, I wrote a atoms module (http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/BackDoor/) .
How can I distribute it through different machines/OS???
Should I distribute it as a source and have a script to compile it and
install it?
If I distribute binary version, will this work with different OS? For
example if I compile it on an amd_64 machine, will it work on i386?

Thanks
Fede

--
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on,
I go into another room and read a good book.
Allan CORNET Allan CORNET

RE: Deploying a Scilab module

Hi,

You created a ATOMS web page http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/BackDoor and
upload sources (it seems to be only a template in current state)

We build for supported architectures for you and you will receive a build
log for each platform.

And you we will do in scilab:

atomsSystemUpdate()
atomsInstall("BackDoor")

Currently, C source in BackDoor-0.1-1-src.zip  will not build on Windows
since your template is empty for windows part

Allan

Federico Bergero Federico Bergero

Re: Deploying a Scilab module

That's true.
I tried to compile it on Windows but Scilab ask for MSVC.
I don't have Visual Studio, can I use MINGW?
Thanks
Fede

Allan CORNET Allan CORNET

Re: Deploying a Scilab module

 Hi,

 If you want to be packaged in ATOMS on Windows, your code must be
 compatible with MSVC compiler

 To check you can use Visual studio 2010 C++ express

 http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express

 Allan

 On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:07:25 -0300, Federico Bergero
 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's true.
> I tried to compile it on Windows but Scilab ask for MSVC.
> I don't have Visual Studio, can I use MINGW?
> Thanks
> Fede
>
> 2011/6/14 Allan CORNET <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> You created a ATOMS web page
>> http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/BackDoor and
>> upload sources (it seems to be only a template in current state)
>>
>> We build for supported architectures for you and you will receive a
>> build
>> log for each platform.
>>
>> And you we will do in scilab:
>>
>> atomsSystemUpdate()
>> atomsInstall("BackDoor")
>>
>> Currently, C source in BackDoor-0.1-1-src.zip  will not build on
>> Windows
>> since your template is empty for windows part
>>
>> Allan

Great. Thanks
I will write the windows version.
Best
Fede

2011/6/21  <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> If you want to be packaged in ATOMS on Windows, your code must be compatible
> with MSVC compiler
>
> To check you can use Visual studio 2010 C++ express
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express
>

> Allan
>

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:07:25 -0300, Federico Bergero <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> That's true.
>> I tried to compile it on Windows but Scilab ask for MSVC.
>> I don't have Visual Studio, can I use MINGW?
>> Thanks
>> Fede
>>
>> 2011/6/14 Allan CORNET <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> You created a ATOMS web page http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/BackDoor
>>> and
>>> upload sources (it seems to be only a template in current state)
>>>
>>> We build for supported architectures for you and you will receive a build
>>> log for each platform.
>>>
>>> And you we will do in scilab:
>>>
>>> atomsSystemUpdate()
>>> atomsInstall("BackDoor")
>>>
>>> Currently, C source in BackDoor-0.1-1-src.zip  will not build on Windows
>>> since your template is empty for windows part
>>>
>>> Allan

Hi, I'm writting the version for Windows but I find some differences.
In my module I create a new thread listening to commands through a TCP port.
In the linux version I call SendScilabJob from that "other"
thread and it runs the job on the Scilab enviroment.
On windows, when I call SendScilabJob it does nothing.
For example if I run
SendScilabJob("a=1") on Linux a variable a with the value 1 is created.
On Windows that doesn´t work.
I tried using the api_scilab but I don´t find any function to just run
a job (I can read/write variables).

Does anybody what´s going on here?
Thanks
Fed
2011/6/21 Federico Bergero <[hidden email]>:

> Great. Thanks
> I will write the windows version.
> Best
> Fede
>
> 2011/6/21  <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If you want to be packaged in ATOMS on Windows, your code must be compatible
>> with MSVC compiler
>>
>> To check you can use Visual studio 2010 C++ express
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express
>>

>> Allan
>>

>> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:07:25 -0300, Federico Bergero <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> That's true.
>>> I tried to compile it on Windows but Scilab ask for MSVC.
>>> I don't have Visual Studio, can I use MINGW?
>>> Thanks
>>> Fede

Hi I have a few questions about the atoms system.
I have already uploaded the module to ATOMS and it says it is compiled
correctly (http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/BackDoor).
But from Scilab I did atomsSystemUpdate() and I still don't see my
module so I cannot install it.
What I'm missing?
Another thing, can I only release my module for Linux systems? I
haven't got time to test it in Windows.
Thanks
Federico

2011/6/24 Federico Bergero <[hidden email]>:

> Hi, I'm writting the version for Windows but I find some differences.
> In my module I create a new thread listening to commands through a TCP port.
> In the linux version I call SendScilabJob from that "other"
> thread and it runs the job on the Scilab enviroment.
> On windows, when I call SendScilabJob it does nothing.
> For example if I run
> SendScilabJob("a=1") on Linux a variable a with the value 1 is created.
> On Windows that doesn´t work.
> I tried using the api_scilab but I don´t find any function to just run
> a job (I can read/write variables).
>
> Does anybody what´s going on here?
> Thanks
> Fed
> 2011/6/21 Federico Bergero <[hidden email]>:
>> Great. Thanks
>> I will write the windows version.
>> Best
>> Fede
>>
>> 2011/6/21  <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If you want to be packaged in ATOMS on Windows, your code must be compatible
>>> with MSVC compiler
>>>
>>> To check you can use Visual studio 2010 C++ express
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express
>>>

>>> Allan

gareste gareste

Re: Deploying a Scilab module

What is your operating system? Linux I guess, from the second question,
64 or 32? which version of Scilab are you using?
I can set it to be only available for linux systems, you just have to
ask -> I'm doing it right now.

Simon

Simon Gareste
Support&  Development Engineer
--
Consortium Scilab
Digiteo

Federico Bergero Federico Bergero

Re: Deploying a Scilab module

Great. Yes it is Linux 32/64.
So why after the atomsSystemUpdate (in Linux), the module BackDoor
doesn't appear? Do I have to set is a public module or something like
that?
Thanks.
Fede

2011/7/5 Simon GARESTE <[hidden email]>:

> What is your operating system? Linux I guess, from the second question, 64
> or 32? which version of Scilab are you using?
> I can set it to be only available for linux systems, you just have to ask ->
> I'm doing it right now.
>
> Simon
> On 04/07/2011 20:43, Federico Bergero wrote:
>>
>> Hi I have a few questions about the atoms system.
>> I have already uploaded the module to ATOMS and it says it is compiled
>> correctly (http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/BackDoor).
>> But from Scilab I did atomsSystemUpdate() and I still don't see my
>> module so I cannot install it.
>> What I'm missing?
>> Another thing, can I only release my module for Linux systems? I
>> haven't got time to test it in Windows.
>> Thanks
>> Federico
>>
>> 2011/6/24 Federico Bergero<[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi, I'm writting the version for Windows but I find some differences.
>>> In my module I create a new thread listening to commands through a TCP
>>> port.
>>> In the linux version I call SendScilabJob from that "other"
>>> thread and it runs the job on the Scilab enviroment.
>>> On windows, when I call SendScilabJob it does nothing.
>>> For example if I run
>>> SendScilabJob("a=1") on Linux a variable a with the value 1 is created.
>>> On Windows that doesn´t work.
>>> I tried using the api_scilab but I don´t find any function to just run
>>> a job (I can read/write variables).
>>>
>>> Does anybody what´s going on here?
>>> Thanks
>>> Fed

gareste gareste

Re: Deploying a Scilab module

This was due to a bug in our compilation chain or website (I still have
to figure out, didn't have the time yesterday), I fixed your case in
your database, and have yet to fixe the bug. atomsInstall("BackDoor")
should work (works now on both system for me, whereas yesterday it didn't).
If it doesn't, make sure that you type the name with adequate upper
cases, or that is doesn't come from you having set offline configuration
to "True".

Simon