Error

Jaundre Venter Jaundre Venter

Error

Hi

> To whom it may concern
>
> I am currently experiencing ERROR problems with SCILAB. I am busy using
> SCILAB for my final year project in Chemical Engineering and it is a very
> good program but I am experiencing some problems.
>
> Can someone please assist me with problems?
>
> Thank you
> Regards
> Jaundre Venter

Re: Error

Le lundi 01 août 2011 à 10:08 +0200, Jaundre Venter a écrit :

> Hi
> >
> > To whom it may concern
> >
> > I am currently experiencing ERROR problems with SCILAB. I am busy
> using
> > SCILAB for my final year project in Chemical Engineering and it is a
> very
> > good program but I am experiencing some problems.
> >
> > Can someone please assist me with problems?
Please ask your questions directly on the mailing... It is the goal of
it.

Sylvestre

Jaundre Venter Jaundre Venter

Re: Error

Okay Thanks

I am busy doing simulation of the production of penicillin inside a fed batch reactor and I have problems with error messages when I program ordinary differential equations.

The error I am getting after programming

Dx(6) = F+ Fab- Floss is “INVALID INDEX” now I am not familiar of this error message and I have tried reading SCILAB help but I am still struggling. Can you please advise me why this is happening and how I can solve this error.

Another error I am getting is “ WAITING for the right PARENTHESIS”

Please note this is my first time using a simulation program thus I am still learning and trust me I want to learn as it is very interesting.

Rergards

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Sylvestre Ledru <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le lundi 01 août 2011 à 10:08 +0200, Jaundre Venter a écrit :
> Hi
> >
> > To whom it may concern
> >
> > I am currently experiencing ERROR problems with SCILAB. I am busy
> using
> > SCILAB for my final year project in Chemical Engineering and it is a
> very
> > good program but I am experiencing some problems.
> >
> > Can someone please assist me with problems?
Please ask your questions directly on the mailing... It is the goal of
it.

Sylvestre

Jaundre Venter Jaundre Venter

Re: Error

Hi Just want to make sure is this the right email address to send questions directly?

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Sylvestre Ledru <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le lundi 01 août 2011 à 10:08 +0200, Jaundre Venter a écrit :
> Hi
> >
> > To whom it may concern
> >
> > I am currently experiencing ERROR problems with SCILAB. I am busy
> using
> > SCILAB for my final year project in Chemical Engineering and it is a
> very
> > good program but I am experiencing some problems.
> >
> > Can someone please assist me with problems?
Please ask your questions directly on the mailing... It is the goal of
it.

Re: Error

CF:
http://www.scilab.org/communities/developer_zone/tools/mailing_list
"User mailing list for Scilab. Please post all usage questions here."
;)

About your questions, please show an example which reproduce your
problem (less than 5 lines)

Le lundi 01 août 2011 à 11:11 +0200, Jaundre Venter a écrit :

> Hi Just want to make sure is this the right email address to send
> questions directly?
>
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Sylvestre Ledru
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         Le lundi 01 août 2011 à 10:08 +0200, Jaundre Venter a écrit :
>         > Hi
>         > >
>         > > To whom it may concern
>         > >
>         > > I am currently experiencing ERROR problems with SCILAB. I
>         am busy
>         > using
>         > > SCILAB for my final year project in Chemical Engineering
>         and it is a
>         > very
>         > > good program but I am experiencing some problems.
>         > >
>         > > Can someone please assist me with problems?
>
>         Please ask your questions directly on the mailing... It is the
>         goal of
>         it.
>
>         Sylvestre

Jaundre Venter Jaundre Venter

Re: Error

This is the error message
"--error 21
Invalid index.

at line      66 of function f called by :
y=ode(x0,0,t,f);
at line      85 of exec file called by : "

I get this by programming 9 ordinary differential equations. When I program the first 6 ODE's then I still get graphs but when programming the last 3 that has a effect on the other 6 graphs I then get a error message.

Here is the sequence I used.

Funcprot
Function dx=f(t,x)
Constant values
ordinary differential equations
endfunction
initial values
y=ode(xo,0,t,f)

now here is ordinary differential equation 6 -  dx(6) = F+Fab-Floss (up to here the model works) please note this is on line 66 corresponding to error message
as soon as I type dx(7) = dx(7)  = ((rq1(dx_1)*x(6))+(rq2*(x(1))*(x(6))))

I get the error.

Do you want me to send you the SCILAB file?