Fonts included

christophe.haro christophe.haro

Fonts included

Hi all,

I'm using daily DocBook v5 and FOP-1.0 to output PDF files. The font used in the resulting file is cm-unicode-0.7.0. With this font, some chars are replaced with a '#' because (I think) the glyphe are not included.

If I replace such a char with <jlm:latex type="text">\jlmExternalFont{cm}\jlmText{unicode of the char}</jlm:latex>, all work fine. But, if I replace it without \jlmExternalFont{cm}, so that the command is <jlm:latex type="text">\jlmText{unicode of the char}</jlm:latex>, ALL WORK FINE AGAIN !!! and I do not understand why ?

Can someone help me to understand ?

(Désolé pour mon Anglais lamentable, mais je crois que Calixte va comprendre. Question supplémentaire : ma font aurait-elle moins de glyphes que celle embarquée avec jlm ?)

Christophe HARO

calixte calixte

Re: Fonts included

Hi Christophe,

The command \jlmExternalFont{font} sets a static property in Java code.
So it fixes the external font for all the document you are generating.

About the '#', fop replaces unknown glyphes by #, so it is probably a
problem with your configuration file.

Calixte