Fwd: Allan variance

Paul Cazottes Paul Cazottes

Fwd: Allan variance

Hello,

I would like to make a Allan varian script. This tool was first designed for
time reference, and is becoming a de-facto standard to show the performance of
inertial sensors (accelerometers and gyrometers).

We now can find scripts for Matlab as contribution, but I was not able to find
it for scilab. I made one and would like to bring it to scilab, with full help
etc etc.

Is it possible for scilab devs to explain me:
- how to make an optionnal argument in the syntax? Presently I would like to
have a  syntax as AllanM(X,st,Npoints) where Npoints is optionnal and defaults
to 100.
- write a help file? I didn't find an official tutorial in scilab.org
- parallelize? The for loop is fully parallelizable. The Allan variance is
simple to calculate yet CPU intensive on large sets. Maybe parrallelization is
more for Scilab 6?

I would greatly appreciate helt on these points. Thanks for scilab devs to
bring this product to everybody!

Paul Cazottes

-
[hidden email]

Moulinette_Variance_d_Allan-module.sci (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Allan variance

Le mardi 14 juin 2011 à 20:02 +0200, Paul Cazottes a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I would like to make a Allan varian script. This tool was first designed for
> time reference, and is becoming a de-facto standard to show the performance of
> inertial sensors (accelerometers and gyrometers).
>
> We now can find scripts for Matlab as contribution, but I was not able to find
> it for scilab. I made one and would like to bring it to scilab, with full help
> etc etc.
Thanks!

> Is it possible for scilab devs to explain me:
> - how to make an optionnal argument in the syntax? Presently I would like to
> have a  syntax as AllanM(X,st,Npoints) where Npoints is optionnal and defaults
> to 100.
See argn:
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.3.2/en_US/argn.html

Example:
function AllanM(X,st,Npoints)
    if argn(2) == 2 then
        Npoints = 2
    end
endfunction

> - write a help file? I didn't find an official tutorial in scilab.org
We are using docbook for the help. You will find a module example in
contrib/toolbox_skeleton

you will find some help page examples in it.

> - parallelize? The for loop is fully parallelizable. The Allan variance is
> simple to calculate yet CPU intensive on large sets. Maybe parrallelization is
> more for Scilab 6?
See parallel_run
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.3.2/en_US/parallel_run.html

but it does not work under Windows.

> I would greatly appreciate helt on these points. Thanks for scilab devs to
> bring this product to everybody!
Thanks!

Sylvestre