GSOC - Need Help..

Aritra Saha Aritra Saha

GSOC - Need Help..

Hi,
I was interested (by titles) in the project topics posted on your GSOC-website. However, I am having trouble choosing a project topic; the title does sound interesting and quite challenging to me, but I would like to have some details at what am I supposed to do, if I am selected for a certain project. Also, I am unable to judge myself whether my current programming skills would be enough to cover the prerequisite for the project.

I am very fond of the JAVA-language. I have done some practice programming on slightly advanced topics like file-handling, thread-handling, working with applets, etc. I however do know that I need to know more for any project I take up and I am gladly ready to learn more, as it is seriously my field of interest. Apart from this, I also have programming experience in C++.

So, I would like to get some suggestions from your side, as to which project line should be more suited to my experience. However, the topics under "Scilab UI Elements" look appealing to me; but again I need to know what exactly are in these projects or in any other which might be a better option for me.

I would be grateful for any help from your side.

Thank You,

--
Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant!!

Aritra Saha
Computer Science & Engineering
IIT Kanpur

Re: GSOC - Need Help..

Hello Aritra,

Le samedi 27 mars 2010 à 05:28 +0530, Aritra Saha a écrit :
> Hi,
> I was interested (by titles) in the project topics posted on your
> GSOC-website. However, I am having trouble choosing a project topic;
> the title does sound interesting and quite challenging to me, but I
> would like to have some details at what am I supposed to do, if I am
> selected for a certain project. Also, I am unable to judge myself
> whether my current programming skills would be enough to cover the
> prerequisite for the project.
Let me know on which project you need  more information, I will update
the pages with information.

> I am very fond of the JAVA-language. I have done some practice
> programming on slightly advanced topics like file-handling,
> thread-handling, working with applets, etc. I however do know that I
> need to know more for any project I take up and I am gladly ready to
> learn more, as it is seriously my field of interest. Apart from this,
> I also have programming experience in C++.
>
> So, I would like to get some suggestions from your side, as to which
> project line should be more suited to my experience. However, the
> topics under "Scilab UI Elements" look appealing to me; but again I
> need to know what exactly are in these projects or in any other which
> might be a better option for me.
I tried to add more information on this page:
http://wiki.scilab.org/Contributor_-_Scilab_UI_Element

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru