[GSoC 2012] Proposal

saketkc saketkc

[GSoC 2012] Proposal

Hi !

I am Saket Choudhary, a third year undergraduate at IiT Bombay,India. I have  been using Scilab for 3 years now.
I am developed my own interface far calling Scilab Remotely through a browser[https://github.com/saketkc/scilab_cloud] and would like to propose a similar idea for Scilab too, which I am herewith attaching.

Kindly let me know your views on the same.

Saket Choudhary
IIT Bombay

proposal.pdf (56K) Download Attachment
Sylvestre Ledru-4 Sylvestre Ledru-4

Re: [GSoC 2012] Proposal

Hello Saket,

The option 1) is impossible to do in the context of a GSoC.
About the 2) why not but there is already some existing projects doing
it about Scilab (I don't know if it is still online but there was
ScilabCloud doing it with Java application).

If you are able to provide a nice user HTML5 interface with fancy new
things. I could be interested but if it is just a new textarea with
Scilab code in it or "select and upload this file", I am not sure I want
to see a student working on it for the summer...

Sylvestre

--
-----------------------------
Sylvestre Ledru

saketkc saketkc

Re: [GSoC 2012] Proposal

Hi Sylvestre,

I am not just viewing it as a plain text upload interface. one of the things I was thinking of was to implement the XCOS interface, so that it could be done all on the browser  I mean the modelling part and the rest of the processing will take place in the backend .

Does something on the lines of this sound ok ?

Saket Coudhary

Le mardi 27 mars 2012 à 02:01 +0530, Saket Choudhary a écrit :

> Hi Sylvestre,
>

> I am not just viewing it as a plain text upload interface. one of the
> things I was thinking of was to implement the XCOS interface, so that
> it could be done all on the browser  I mean the modelling part and the
> rest of the processing will take place in the backend .
>

> Does something on the lines of this sound ok ?
Yes but I don't think it is a realist task for a gsoc project. I believe
it is way too hard.
However, if you think I am wrong, please provide a proof of concept and
I will be happy to change my mind.

Sylvestre Ledru
Operation manager
Community manager