[GSoC] Feedback on draft proposal

mandroid6 mandroid6

[GSoC] Feedback on draft proposal

Hello sir/maam,

I have submitted the draft proposal for google summer of code yesterday i.e 23 March,2017.
I wanted to know how can I receive feedback on my proposal so that I can make requisite changes or improvement.

Thank You.

Mandar Deshpande
mandar061095@gmail.com
Caioc2 Caioc2

Re: [GSoC] Feedback on draft proposal

Hi,

For the easy of use, demos are extremly valuable, it helps people understand the syntaxe and  how to use a feature, so I think including demos would be a nice thing.

Another thing, do you have plans to add any dimensionality reduction algorithm? It's a hot trending and very usefull for classification and clustering.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 3:59 PM, mandroid6 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello sir/maam,

I have submitted the draft proposal for google summer of code yesterday i.e
23 March,2017.
I wanted to know how can I receive feedback on my proposal so that I can
make requisite changes or improvement.

Thank You.

Mandar Deshpande

mandroid6 mandroid6

Re: [GSoC] Feedback on draft proposal

This post was updated on .
Yes I am also going to include Dimentionality reduction algorithm. Have
already implemented it in MATLAB using Principal component analysis (PCA). Will soon add SCILAB compatible code.

And should I include demos of the ml features i have mentioned?
Or demos of some other features?

Mandar

On Mar 26, 2017 12:47 AM, "Caioc2 [via Scilab / Xcos - Mailing Lists
Archives]" <ml-node+s994242n4036005h27@n3.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the easy of use, demos are extremly valuable, it helps people
> understand the syntaxe and  how to use a feature, so I think including
> demos would be a nice thing.
>
> Another thing, do you have plans to add any dimensionality reduction
> algorithm? It's a hot trending and very usefull for classification and
> clustering.

Caioc2 Caioc2

Re: [GSoC] Feedback on draft proposal

Yes, demos for the features you will implement.

Em dom, 26 de mar de 2017 09:38, mandroid6 <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Yes I am also going to include Dimentionality reduction algorithm. Have already implemented it in MATLAB. Will soon add SCILAB compatible code.

And should I demos of the ml features i have mentioned?
Are demos of some other features?

Mandar

On Mar 26, 2017 12:47 AM, "Caioc2 [via Scilab / Xcos - Mailing Lists Archives]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

For the easy of use, demos are extremly valuable, it helps people understand the syntaxe and  how to use a feature, so I think including demos would be a nice thing.

Another thing, do you have plans to add any dimensionality reduction algorithm? It's a hot trending and very usefull for classification and clustering.
On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 3:59 PM, mandroid6 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello sir/maam,

I have submitted the draft proposal for google summer of code yesterday i.e
23 March,2017.
I wanted to know how can I receive feedback on my proposal so that I can
make requisite changes or improvement.

Thank You.

Mandar Deshpande

To unsubscribe from [GSoC] Feedback on draft proposal, click here.
NAML

Sent from the Scilab / GSOC - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
mandroid6 mandroid6

Re: [GSoC] Feedback on draft proposal

I have added demos for the two implemented models.
Is this way of documenting okay? Or do i need to be more detailed.

Mandar Deshpande

Re: [GSoC] Feedback on draft proposal

Hi mandar,

Thanks for being so reactive :) ; be sure to follow toolbox guidelines [1] for your added features.
This will ease building and testing your features and is a simple directory structure to follow.

[1]: https://wiki.scilab.org/howto/Create%20a%20toolbox

Le dimanche 26 mars 2017 à 11:19 -0700, mandroid6 a écrit :

> I have added demos for the two implemented models.
> Is this way of documenting okay? Or do i need to be more detailed.
>
> Mandar Deshpande
>
> https://github.com/mandroid6/scilab_ml/tree/master/Scilab%20ML%20Demos

> Sent from the Scilab / GSOC - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
mandroid6 mandroid6

Re: [GSoC] Feedback on draft proposal

Hello Sir,

I have added the required formatting for the ml toolbox[1] as shown on the Scilab guidelines.
Have not yet added the xml help files, just the pdf versions for now. Will add xml version of help docs later.

And I have also converted the features into macros as suggested earlier. What other changes are possible for improving it?
Thanks.

Mandar Deshpande

[1] https://github.com/mandroid6/scilab_ml
mandroid6 mandroid6

Re: [GSoC] Feedback on draft proposal

Hello,

Thank you for selecting me for the  Machine Learning features in Scilab project for GSoC 2017.
Really happy and super excited to work with you all this summer :D

I wanted to know how or when will I get in touch with my Mentors.

Best,
Mandar Deshpande
Caioc2 Caioc2