Quantcast

[GSoC] OpenModelica Integration Discussion

Bitiquinho Bitiquinho
Report Content as Inappropriate

[GSoC] OpenModelica Integration Discussion

This post was updated on .
Hi all,

I made a preliminary proposal for the project I discussed on previous thread. So I'm asking for some comments about it, possible misconceptions, unfeasible time estimates, etc.

- Requirements

Here is the image showing compiled scilab-master initial screen and "about" window:

Apart from my patch for last GSoC, I'm also trying to push some Coverity fixes (more to come).

Thanks again.

Att,
Leonardo
Bitiquinho Bitiquinho
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GSoC] OpenModelica Integration: Proposal draft

Hi, all.

I have tried some other coverity fixes and ended up submitting the proposal at GSoC page. There were no comments so I am assuming the text is mostly OK.

Thanks again.

Att,
Leonardo.
Caioc2 Caioc2
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GSoC] OpenModelica Integration: Proposal draft

It seems good for me, you have been discussing all those ideas with scilab team, and I think it is already well defined which incomes are expected for this project.
I would like a better detailed schedule, maybe less weeks but more details for each topic, but I also know that it is hard to give those details before working on them.

You could improve the document style, to make things you think to be important "pops out", but it would be just a lift up, irrelevant to its content.

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Bitiquinho <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, all.

I have tried some other coverity fixes and ended up submitting the proposal
at GSoC page. There were no comments so I am assuming the text is mostly OK.

Thanks again.

Att,
Leonardo.

View this message in context: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/GSoC-OpenModelica-Integration-Proposal-draft-tp4036042p4036117.html
Sent from the Scilab / GSOC - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
gsoc mailing list

gsoc mailing list
Bitiquinho Bitiquinho
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GSoC] OpenModelica Integration: Proposal draft

Hi, Caio.

Thanks for your input. I'll try to address those points (at least some of them) before the submission deadline.

Att,
Leonardo.
Bitiquinho Bitiquinho
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GSoC] OpenModelica Integration: Proposal draft

In reply to this post by Bitiquinho
Hi All,

With a little delay, thanks for accepting me to participate in one more GSoC with Scilab !

As stated in my proposal, during the bonding period, I'll be looking into building a minimal OMC compiler inside Scilab's build system in place of the modelicac compiler, to get things started.

I hope I can contribute enough during this summer.

Thanks again
Bitiquinho Bitiquinho
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GSoC] OpenModelica Integration: Proposal draft

Hi all,

First of all, sorry for being a little late with getting started

I'll be posting my progress reports in the same blog I have used last year: http://bitiquinho.github.io/2017-05-12-google_summer_of_code_2/

The GSoC webpage says that my mentors this year are davidcl (Clément David, I suppose) and paro. I would like to know what are your preferred way of communicating for questions and other discussions.

Thanks again
paul paul
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GSoC] OpenModelica Integration: Proposal draft

Hello Bitiquinho,

Thank you for that. Email is our go-to tool, to keep traces, but for
punctual exchanges you may connect to our IRC
(https://www.scilab.org/fr/resources/user_community/irc)

Paul (paro)

On 2017-05-12 06:38, Bitiquinho wrote:

> Hi all,
> First of all, sorry for being a little late with getting started
> I'll be posting my progress reports in the same blog I have used last
> year:
> http://bitiquinho.github.io/2017-05-12-google_summer_of_code_2/
> The GSoC webpage says that my mentors this year are davidcl (Clément
> David,
> I suppose) and paro. I would like to know what are your preferred way
> of
> communicating for questions and other discussions.
> Thanks again
> View this message in context:
> http://mailinglists.scilab.org/GSoC-OpenModelica-Integration-Proposal-draft-tp4036042p4036372.html
> Sent from the Scilab / GSOC - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list
> archive at Nabble.com.
> gsoc mailing list
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/gsoc
gsoc mailing list
Bitiquinho Bitiquinho
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GSoC] OpenModelica Integration Discussion

In reply to this post by Bitiquinho
Hi all,

I was revisiting my discussion for this project that I had with Clément before submitting my proposal, and I came across this:

"You can split the tasks as :
 1. build a simple OMCompiler
 2. get into the code to discover how to generate FMI2 API (or internal API)
 3. write a scicos_block4 compatible block generator (either using a wrapper or a new code
generator)
 4. package everything for all Scilab supported platforms (in thirdparties)."

So, about task 4: I almost went for figuring out a way to build a simple OMCompiler as part of the Scilab build itself (like what happens with modelicac compiler), but that didn't make much sense, as OpenModelica is a full application that could be installed/packaged by distributions separately. I guess that OMCompiler would be more like a soft dependency during Scilab compilation, whose detection triggers the building of compatible scicos_block4 generator. That's why it would be stored inside thirdparties folder, right ?

However, currently the thirdparties SVN repository seems to only contain Java Jar packages. How should I add a new C++ target to its building process ? Or are the packages for this repo just copied from their respective binary releases ?

Thanks again