Google Summer of Code

Melania Galea Melania Galea

Google Summer of Code

Hello. I am Melania Galea. I am currently a 2nd year student at a Computer Science University. I have recently discovered the projects Scilab Organization is promoting for gsoc 2010. The Scilab UI Elements Extension has proven to be of great interest for the skills that I posses in all the programming languages required. I have to mention I have previously worked with C,C++ and Java developing therefore, technical abilities in all of them.
If you were able to give me some useful documentation, it would be more than satisfying.

Thank you,
Melania Galea.
Sylvestre Ledru-3 Sylvestre Ledru-3

Re: Google Summer of Code

Hello,

Le samedi 03 avril 2010 à 00:41 +0300, Melania Galea a écrit :
> Hello. I am Melania Galea. I am currently a 2nd year student at a
> Computer Science University. I have recently discovered the projects
> Scilab Organization is promoting for gsoc 2010. The Scilab UI Elements
> Extension has proven to be of great interest for the skills that I
> posses in all the programming languages required. I have to mention I
> have previously worked with C,C++ and Java developing therefore,
> technical abilities in all of them.
It is a good and interesting project.

> If you were able to give me some useful documentation, it would be
> more than satisfying.
Sure, what do you need to know ?
A good way to understand this project is to see how the function
uicontrol is managed (most of the code is C++ and Java. Note that the
JNI code is generating thanks to SWIG & GIWS).
It takes some time to understand the architecture but it is not very
hard and pretty interesting.

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru