[Gsoc] Compilation error on Windows

Karan Shah Karan Shah

[Gsoc] Compilation error on Windows

Greetings,
I have been trying to compile Scilab on Windows 10 using Visual Studio 15. I have been playing around with the source code for the past day or so. For some reasons, I am not able to Build the solution. I have followed every instruction meticulously as given here: https://wiki.scilab.org/Visual%20Studio%20%28Freeware%20version%29

I keep getting the error 'cannot find input file jni.h :  no such file or directory'
Can anyone walk me through the compilation?
Thank you,
Karan.

Re: Compilation error on Windows

Hi Karan,

> I keep getting the error 'cannot find input file jni.h :  no such file or directory'
> Can anyone walk me through the compilation?

This `jni.h` file is provided by the Java Development Kit and you should set it up using the script
provided by the thirdparty SVN :

Prerequirements/Windows_x64/java/set_scilab_jdk64.bat
or
Prerequirements/Windows/java/set_scilab_jdk32.bat

Just launch one of them and re-build the Scilab solution. Do not hesitate to ask on other errors, we
currently do not provide VS2015 project files but the solution might have been migrated
automatically.