Quantcast

[Gsoc] Development Contribution

Akash N Akash N

[Gsoc] Development Contribution

Hello,

I am Akash, a Computer Science Student, I'd really to work under your organization for GSoC '17. I'm specifically interested in the Jupyter Notebook project, as I myself am a huge user of Jupyter Notebook. It would be greatly appreciated if you could help me get started,

Thanks,
Akash.

Re: Development Contribution

Hello Akash,

Nice to keep people interested in this project. Leonardo did a great job last year and has a first
working version on is github [1] account. You could start by compiling its branched version and
setup you own jupyter instance.

[1]: https://github.com/Bitiquinho/Scilab-Jupyter-Kernel

Le mercredi 01 février 2017 à 07:10 +0530, Akash N a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am Akash, a Computer Science Student, I'd really to work under your organization for GSoC '17.
> I'm specifically interested in the Jupyter Notebook project, as I myself am a huge user of Jupyter
> Notebook. It would be greatly appreciated if you could help me get started,
>
> Thanks,
> Akash.
Bitiquinho Bitiquinho

Re: Development Contribution

Hi all,

I must confess that I ended up not touching the Jupyter kernel code anymore since GSoC, due to my graduate research and overall laziness. But I can help syncing my branch with master and providing information about how it works internally, if someone is willing to hack on it.

Att,

Leonardo

Nice to keep people interested in this project. Leonardo did a great job last year and has a first
working version on is github [1] account. You could start by compiling its branched version and
setup you own jupyter instance.

[1]: https://github.com/Bitiquinho/Scilab-Jupyter-Kernel
github.com
Scilab-Jupyter-Kernel - Scilab with the ability to operate as a Jupyter Backend (Kernel)

Le mercredi 01 février 2017 à 07:10 +0530, Akash N a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am Akash, a Computer Science Student, I'd really to work under your organization for GSoC '17.
> I'm specifically interested in the Jupyter Notebook project, as I myself am a huge user of Jupyter
> Notebook. It would be greatly appreciated if you could help me get started,
>
> Thanks,
> Akash.
lists.scilab.org
Your email address: Your name (optional): You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild security, but should prevent others from messing ...

Bitiquinho Bitiquinho

Re: Development Contribution

This post was updated on .
Hello all,

I have updated my pull request at codereview to solve merge conflicts with current master:

https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/18489/

Also I have updated the GitHub repository Clément mentioned, to reflect those changes.

Akash, you can contact me if you need some explanation about the patch's code (I'm leonardojc at Scilab's IRC channel).

Att,
Leonardo