[Gsoc] GSOC 2017

Karan Shah Karan Shah

[Gsoc] GSOC 2017

Greetings,

I am Karan Shah, a CSE undergraduate from Mumbai, India. I am really really excited by the prospect of working for your organization as a part of GSOC '17.
I am a regular Scilab user.

I am used to working with C/C++ and Python. I am particularly interested in Numerical Computing with Machine learning, probabilities and sorting being my preferences to work on. I would want to know how should I get started towards contributing to the project?

Thanks,
Karan.

Dhruv Khattar Dhruv Khattar

Re: [Gsoc] GSOC 2017

Hi Karan,

I suggest you to first compile Scilab on your local machine and then send us a screenshot of the Scilab console with the updated banner containing your name.
After compiling Scilab, you can setup codereview, and try to fix a bug on bugzilla.
Do not hesitate to ask if you have any issue or question about bug correction / coverity issues.

Dhruv
paul paul

Re: GSOC 2017

Hello Karan,

We haven't updated our project priorities yet but keep an eye on the
page because it should happen soon.

In the meantime you may compile Scilab on your machine
(https://wiki.scilab.org/Compiling%20Scilab%205.x%20under%20GNU-Linux%20Unix)
and find some bugs (http://bugzilla.scilab.org/) to work on so we may
evaluate your skills!

Best regards,
Paul

On 2017-03-03 06:57, Karan Shah wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am Karan Shah, a CSE undergraduate from Mumbai, India. I am really
> really excited by the prospect of working for your organization as a
> part of GSOC '17.
> I am a regular Scilab user.
>
> I am used to working with C/C++ and Python. I am particularly
> interested in Numerical Computing with Machine learning, probabilities
> and sorting being my preferences to work on. I would want to know how
> should I get started towards contributing to the project?
>
> Thanks,
> Karan.

Re: GSOC 2017

Le 03/03/2017 à 18:43, [hidden email] a écrit :
> Hello Karan,
>
> We haven't updated our project priorities yet but keep an eye on the page

It is also possible to subscribe to any page of the wiki, to be notified
about modifications.
A very handy wiki feature.