[Gsoc] (GSOC) Getting started

Mohit Pokharna Mohit Pokharna

[Gsoc] (GSOC) Getting started

Hi, I am Mohit and I would like to participate in GSOC this year. I am a Linux enthusiast and very comfortable in C/C++, Python. I am particularly interested in a couple of projects in Numerical Computing (specially Machine Learning). But the links (more information) do not have detailed information regarding the prospects/ scope of the idea, potential mentors or how to contribute in this particular domain. Any kind of help would be great.

PS: I have built the codebase on my system and already trying to fix some bugs listed on bugzilla.

Regards,
Mohit Pokharna
Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur

Re: (GSOC) Getting started

Hi Mohit and welcome,

Nice to have your introduction ! If you are comfortable with C++ and Python, integrating new
algorithms will be easy. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any issue or question about bug
correction / coverity issues.

Le jeudi 02 mars 2017 à 19:22 +0530, Mohit Pokharna a écrit :

> Hi, I am Mohit and I would like to participate in GSOC this year. I am a Linux enthusiast and very
> comfortable in C/C++, Python. I am particularly interested in a couple of projects in Numerical
> Computing (specially Machine Learning). But the links (more information) do not have detailed
> information regarding the prospects/ scope of the idea, potential mentors or how to contribute in
> this particular domain. Any kind of help would be great.
>
> PS: I have built the codebase on my system and already trying to fix some bugs listed on bugzilla.
>

> Regards,
> Mohit Pokharna
> Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur

Mohit Pokharna Mohit Pokharna

Re: (GSOC) Getting started

Hi,

I was working on the bug #14061 and there seems to be a bit of trouble. The complex argument atan function is computed using the function watan (inside atan.c) and the call is from sci_atan.cpp. But in the case of double arguments std::atan2() is called. Should i be redirected now or handle the case there itself?

Thanks.

Regards,
Mohit Pokharna
Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur
(+91) 9933966698

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 8:38 PM, Clément David <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mohit and welcome,

Nice to have your introduction ! If you are comfortable with C++ and Python, integrating new
algorithms will be easy. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any issue or question about bug
correction / coverity issues.

Le jeudi 02 mars 2017 à 19:22 +0530, Mohit Pokharna a écrit :
> Hi, I am Mohit and I would like to participate in GSOC this year. I am a Linux enthusiast and very
> comfortable in C/C++, Python. I am particularly interested in a couple of projects in Numerical
> Computing (specially Machine Learning). But the links (more information) do not have detailed
> information regarding the prospects/ scope of the idea, potential mentors or how to contribute in
> this particular domain. Any kind of help would be great.
>
> PS: I have built the codebase on my system and already trying to fix some bugs listed on bugzilla.
>

> Regards,
> Mohit Pokharna
> Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur

Re: (GSOC) Getting started

Hi Mohit,

IMHO you should check if the arguments is infinity and then apply a specific algorithm on the
value.
In that case, take a look at the reference std::atan2 behavior but libc/libstdc++ corner cases are
usually not specified.