[Gsoc] GSoC 18

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

[Gsoc] GSoC 18

Hi,

This is Diganta Dutta from India. I was a part of GSoC 2017 under Scilab
itself till the 2nd evaluation. I couldn't complete the parts as proposed
and had been workign under my mentors: Clement David and Dhruv Khattar.
So, I would like to continue my work on:
1) Embedding Google Analytics API in Scilab
2) Fix bugs reported by Coverity

Thank You!

Re: GSoC 18

Hi Diganta and welcome back,

Do you want to continue your work on the same projects ? The coverity issue project is now much more
targeted at Java issues; the remaining C++ ones will be probably not enough for a complete GSoC. As
in the previous years, please fix a bug / coverity issue to (re)discover our validation process.

Le mardi 13 février 2018 à 00:12 -0700, Diganta Dutta a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> This is Diganta Dutta from India. I was a part of GSoC 2017 under Scilab
> itself till the 2nd evaluation. I couldn't complete the parts as proposed
> and had been workign under my mentors: Clement David and Dhruv Khattar.
> So, I would like to continue my work on:
> 1) Embedding Google Analytics API in Scilab
> 2) Fix bugs reported by Coverity
>
> Thank You!

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: GSoC 18

Hi,

I had been involved with college projects so got a bit late.  So, I will be
solving a bug / coverity issue of Scilab as is the rule.
And about the GSoC projects, I would, then like to continue my work on the
Google Analytics Embedding API module and 1 more project which I will be
updating on the next message in a day.
Thanks!

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: GSoC 18

So, I have decided to continue my work on the Implementation of Google
Analytics API that I was doing last year and also take up the "Providing
Machine Learning" Functions project as I have done 2 major projects using
Binary Search Tree Classification Algorithm and Naive Bayes Algorithm. Those
works are also present in my Github profile. I think that would be enough
for a complete GSoC.

Therefore, I will be submitting a Draft Proposal by tonight.

Waiting for your approval and brief on the things that are being prioritized
for the Machine Learning part.

Thank You!

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: GSoC 18

I have my Decision Tree module almost ready . Can I make a commit?

mandroid6 mandroid6

Re: GSoC 18

Hi Diganta,

I went through your Proposal for the Machine Learning project. Just have a
few doubts which need clarification.

You have mentioned "creating the Machine learning functions based on
Decision Binary Tree Model and Random Forest Model using Python and Scilab
and will be integrated into the Scilab system". I wanted to know how you are
planning to do the integration?

Is it going to be through a jupyter integration or through plain Scilab code
for the algorithms mentioned?

Also it would be useful if you could elaborate on your approach to integrate
the "R libraries for Naive-Bayes and Support Vector Models".

Thanks.

Mandar

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: GSoC 18

Hi,

I will be following up on the procedure for Machine Learning that I want to
us within an hour or so. Just a doubt before that, is there going to be a
completely new module involved for this or do I commit into one of the
existing modules' directory? If so, can you please specify which is it?

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: GSoC 18

Hi Mandar,

I am planning to use plain Scilab code for the Decision Search Tree Model.
Well, to be honest about my approach I would have chosen JAVA or C++ but
since I have been using Scilab for the past 3 years so it would be pretty
much comfortable for me using plain Scilab code for creating the  Machine
Learning model. The reason why I would rather prefer JAVA for this model is
because I would be using almost the similar code for the Google Analytics
Embedding module which is a continuation of last year's GSoC work.

For the Random Forest Model, I am planning to use Python and use a Jupyter
Integration for this.

Coming on to the integration of "R libraries for Naive-Bayes and Support
Vector Models" part, the SVM module is going to be an extension of the
libSVM module and and addition of SVM libraries or functionalities for the
module. For this, I am going to take help of the Scikit-Learn and/or
TensorFlow libraries and use the Jupyter notebook for integration.

The Naive-Bayes would be using a similar approach but that I will create a
whole new library using Python.

mandroid6 mandroid6

Re: GSoC 18

Thanks Diganta for the details!

Plain Scilab code would also be a good way to move forward and the Jupyter
Integration approach also needs to be decided upon. Will discuss and decide
this in the coming weeks.

All the best for your application!

Mandar

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: GSoC 18

Hi,

Thank You for the information. Can you please tell me which is the module in
the Modules directory that need to be worked upon for this?

mandroid6 mandroid6

Re: GSoC 18

Hey Diganta,

Sorry for the late response. Right now we don't have any merged branch for
the ML toolbox. You can take a look at lst year's work ans previous
toolboxes to get started for now.

Will update you on the details in the coming weeks, if we decide to move
forward with the selection.

Mandar

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: GSoC 18

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I will go through all the modules and will update you
on the approach.

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: GSoC 18

Hi,

I have gone through previous year's work and the tool boxes. So, what steps
should I be following next ? I think we should discuss the work flow for the
modules.

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: GSoC 18

I haven't got selected.
But I want to continue contributing to the project. So, can I know the
parameters in focus for ML module and which module to contribute in?