[Gsoc] GSoC 2017 Introduction

Jianfeng Xia Jianfeng Xia

[Gsoc] GSoC 2017 Introduction

Hello Everyone,

I am Jianfeng Xia (irc nickname: jrxk). I am a sophomore CS undergrad from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am comfortable with C/C++ and Java.

I have successfully compiled Scilab on my machine (screenshot attached).

I am interested in the following projects:
1. PDF generation
2. Memory safety
3. Openfoam

I would greatly appreciate any advice regarding the project proposal.

Best Regards,
Jianfeng Xia

Scilab_ss.png (377K) Download Attachment

Re: GSoC 2017 Introduction

Hello Jianfeng and welcome,

Thanks for the screenshot ! About the project proposal, if you are confident with Java I suggest you to focus on proposals using the language. We are already in touch with C++ aware students but not really Java ones.

Definitely fixing Java coverity issue is interesting, you could already start and setup the git/gerrit configuration to easily push commits in our codereview.