[Gsoc] How to get started

Veluri Mithun Veluri Mithun

[Gsoc] How to get started

Dear developers,

        I'm an undergraduate student studying in India .I've quite enough knowledge in C++, Java and Python and also has practice in writing efficient algorithms.I would like to contribute to Scilab. Can anyone please suggest me a place where I can find bit-size bugs to fix or If there is any help required in an project please let me know.

Thank you.

Awaiting your reply.

V Mithun.

Re: How to get started

Hi Mithun and welcome,

Our bugzilla instance is running on bugzilla.scilab.org , feel free to take any not assigned bug.
Another way to discover the source code and start fixing issue is in the not-fixed tests.

For exemple, if you wish to start with a pure algorithm issue, try fixing the roots()
implementation. The tests related to it are written in Scilab and call a native C++ implementation.
The associated files are :

 modules/polynomials/tests/unit_tests/roots.tst
 modules/polynomials/tests/unit_tests/roots_difficult.tst
 modules/polynomials/sci_gateway/cpp/sci_roots.cpp
 modules/polynomials/src/cpp/find_polynomial_roots_jenkins_traub.cc
 modules/polynomials/src/cpp/find_polynomial_roots_jenkins_traub.h