[Gsoc] OpenSource Contribution through GSOC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
sriram_valluri sriram_valluri
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Gsoc] OpenSource Contribution through GSOC

Hello,

I am Sriram Valluri a junior in Computer Science Student at IIT Delhi. I am proficient in coding (especially Java).

This my Github Link that will give you a brief idea of my previous work.

I have always wanted to contribute to Open Source Software but lacked proper guidance. I have observed your work and as it is very much similar to what I am interested in, I am of interest to be a part of a project of yours. Also I am interested to contribute in Scilab as a part of Google Summer of Code 2017. Kindly suggest and guide me to start contributing towards Scilab.

My Skills: Java, C, C++, Python, WebTechnologies( WEB2PY, Mysql, Postgresql )

OS: GNU/Linux , MacOs, Windows

Thank You,

Sriram Valluri,

B.Tech in Computer Science,

IIT Delhi.


_______________________________________________
gsoc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/gsoc
paul paul
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSource Contribution through GSOC


Hello Sriram and welcome to Scilab,

You may start by compiling Scilab on your machine
(https://wiki.scilab.org/Compiling%20Scilab%205.x%20under%20GNU-Linux%20Unix)
and find some bugs (http://bugzilla.scilab.org) to work on so you can
explore the codebase and we may evaluate your skills!

We haven't updated our project priorities
(https://wiki.scilab.org/GSoC_project_proposal) yet but keep an eye on
the page because it should happen soon.

Best regards,
Paul


On 2017-03-04 11:28, sriram valluri wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I am Sriram Valluri a junior in Computer Science Student at IIT
> Delhi. I am proficient in coding (especially Java).
>
> This my Github [1] Link that will give you a brief idea of my previous
> work.
>
> I have always wanted to contribute to Open Source Software but lacked
> proper guidance. I have observed your work and as it is very much
> similar to what I am interested in, I am of interest to be a part of a
> project of yours. Also I am interested to contribute in Scilab as a
> part of Google Summer of Code 2017. Kindly suggest and guide me to
> start contributing towards Scilab.
>
> My Skills: Java, C, C++, Python, WebTechnologies( WEB2PY, Mysql,
> Postgresql )
>
> OS: GNU/Linux , MacOs, Windows
>
> Thank You,
>
> Sriram Valluri,
>
> B.Tech in Computer Science,
>
> IIT Delhi.
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://github.com/sriram-valluri
>
> _______________________________________________
> gsoc mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/gsoc
_______________________________________________
gsoc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/gsoc