[Gsoc] PDF Generation

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

[Gsoc] PDF Generation

Hello David and Dhruv Sir, can we discuss about how to go on with the project PDF generation?

Re: PDF Generation

Hello Diganta,

(please no sir to us, we are all volunteers :) )

So for the PDF generation, I suggest you to take a look at the existing code and try to get some PDF
or FO file generated for a scilab file. The main logic is already implemented within Scilab [1]. The
main goal is to check and clean the execution path from Scilab `xmltopdf` function to C then Java
sides. The second objective is to improve the rendering and the managed XML Docbook tags to have a
good quality PDF generated.

Do not hesitate to ask questions to clarify,

[1]: modules/helptools/src/java/org/scilab/modules/helptools/FODocbookTagConverter.java