[Gsoc] Progress Update - Signed dmg, app with bundled java and thirdparty

Divyanshu Kumar Divyanshu Kumar

[Gsoc] Progress Update - Signed dmg, app with bundled java and thirdparty

Hello everyone,

I am happy to share my work progress, with all of you.

I thought to share the signed dmg, app with bundled java and thirdparty libs on my birthday(26 June), but things were not complete then.

But now things are ok, I have successfully bundled java, thirdparty jars/libs with the app, signed the app and dmg both with the development keys I was allowed to generate.

Here is the link of the dmg file, please do try it on your Mac and do let me know if any issues:

The earlier dmg was requiring JAVA SE 6 too, but this dmg requires nothing and runs fully standalone, and the full process of bundling/signing the app/dmg is automated and the script can be found here :https://github.com/dvkcool/scilab-work/blob/master/Script/bundlerSigner.sh

To check for the signed app or not

CandidateCDHash sha1=947e7fb93dc0781d9b66492ed317dc424e60274d

CandidateCDHash sha256=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf

Hash choices=sha1,sha256

Page size=none

CDHash=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf

Signature size=4692

Authority=Mac Developer: Divyanshu Kumar (P2Q547GWU7)

Authority=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority

Authority=Apple Root CA

Signed Time=28-Jun-2018 at 2:51:48 PM

Info.plist=not bound

TeamIdentifier=M9A7TMQ5QQ

Sealed Resources=none

Internal requirements count=2 size=216

Also for dmg I have used image by myself so please don't mind the design.

I am very much thankful to my mentor Mr Paul Bignier and Mr Clement David for their continuous help and support.

Although the folder structure is not in proper accordance with Apple guidelines, I will be working on improving the same.

I have also included an image of installer as an attachment, although its not much but just to have a look without installing.

Coding Happily

Divyanshu Kumar

National Institute of Technology, Raipur

India.

gsoc mailing list

installer.png (65K) Download Attachment
Divyanshu Kumar Divyanshu Kumar

Re: Progress Update - Signed dmg, app with bundled java and thirdparty

Also the gatekeeper creates an alert like the application is not from an identified developer, because the keys I have used to sign are development keys and not production keys.

To run this dmg, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy
Then click on Run anyway.

However IMHO the production keys should solve this issue.

Divyanshu Kumar

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am happy to share my work progress, with all of you.

To check for the signed app or not

CandidateCDHash sha1=947e7fb93dc0781d9b66492ed317dc424e60274d

CandidateCDHash sha256=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf

Hash choices=sha1,sha256

Page size=none

CDHash=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf

Signature size=4692

Authority=Mac Developer: Divyanshu Kumar (P2Q547GWU7)

Authority=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority

Authority=Apple Root CA

Signed Time=28-Jun-2018 at 2:51:48 PM

Info.plist=not bound

TeamIdentifier=M9A7TMQ5QQ

Sealed Resources=none

Internal requirements count=2 size=216

Also for dmg I have used image by myself so please don't mind the design.

Coding Happily

Divyanshu Kumar

National Institute of Technology, Raipur

India.

gsoc mailing list

scilabInstaller.png (56K) Download Attachment
Divyanshu Kumar Divyanshu Kumar

Re: Progress Update - Signed dmg, app with bundled java and thirdparty

Hello all,

Thanks to Mr. Paul, I was granted all the access I needed to generate the proper production certificates.
So I present you fully signed, functional dmg https://drive.google.com/open?id=19uPoTHI7TeWqb2xlzWxs32w_HSP_BF6n

Now there should be no objection by gatekeeper in any manner, so just simple download and run experience.
Also the folder structure has been updated which should be supported by Apple guidelines in my humble opinion.

The documentation of doing same can be found here: https://dvkcool.github.io/gsoc-2018/blog/307.html

Please do try this dmg and do let me know in case of any issues.
Divyanshu Kumar
National Institute of Technology, Raipur
India

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:

To run this dmg, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy
Then click on Run anyway.

However IMHO the production keys should solve this issue.

Divyanshu Kumar

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am happy to share my work progress, with all of you.

To check for the signed app or not

CandidateCDHash sha1=947e7fb93dc0781d9b66492ed317dc424e60274d

CandidateCDHash sha256=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf

Hash choices=sha1,sha256

Page size=none

CDHash=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf

Signature size=4692

Authority=Mac Developer: Divyanshu Kumar (P2Q547GWU7)

Authority=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority

Authority=Apple Root CA

Signed Time=28-Jun-2018 at 2:51:48 PM

Info.plist=not bound

TeamIdentifier=M9A7TMQ5QQ

Sealed Resources=none

Internal requirements count=2 size=216

Also for dmg I have used image by myself so please don't mind the design.

Coding Happily

Divyanshu Kumar

National Institute of Technology, Raipur

India.

gsoc mailing list
Clément David-3 Clément David-3

Re: Progress Update - Signed dmg, app with bundled java and thirdparty

Hi Divyanshu,

I am unable to download the dmg through drive.google.com ; could you please check that it is still
available ? Could you also create "Release" on your github.com project to ease tracking and file
availability.

Thanks,

Clément

Le mardi 03 juillet 2018 à 13:54 +0530, Divyanshu Kumar a écrit :

> Hello all,
> Thanks to Mr. Paul, I was granted all the access I needed to generate the proper production
> certificates.
> So I present you fully signed, functional dmg https://drive.google.com/open?id=19uPoTHI7TeWqb2xlzW
> xs32w_HSP_BF6n
> Now there should be no objection by gatekeeper in any manner, so just simple download and run
> experience.
> Also the folder structure has been updated which should be supported by Apple guidelines in my
> humble opinion.
> The documentation of doing same can be found here: https://dvkcool.github.io/gsoc-2018/blog/307.ht
> ml
> Please do try this dmg and do let me know in case of any issues.
> Regards
> Divyanshu Kumar
> National Institute of Technology, Raipur
> India
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Also the gatekeeper creates an alert like the application is not from an identified developer,
> > because the keys I have used to sign are development keys and not production keys.
> > To run this dmg, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy
> > Then click on Run anyway.
> >
> > However IMHO the production keys should solve this issue.
> >
> > Also sorry I attached wrong image in last mail, correct image is attached in this mail
> > Regards
> > Divyanshu Kumar
> > On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > I am happy to share my work progress, with all of you.
> > >
> > > I thought to share the signed dmg, app with bundled java and thirdparty libs on my birthday(26
> > > June), but things were not complete then.
> > >
> > > But now things are ok, I have successfully bundled java, thirdparty jars/libs with the app,
> > > signed the app and dmg both with the development keys I was allowed to generate.
> > >
> > > Here is the link of the dmg file, please do try it on your Mac and do let me know if any
> > > issues:
> > > https://drive.google.com/open?id=138ba4VrjMm0KOIJtHAupASMl23rTs3_k
> > >
> > > The earlier dmg was requiring JAVA SE 6 too, but this dmg requires nothing and runs fully
> > > standalone, and the full process of bundling/signing the app/dmg is automated and the script
> > > can be found here :https://github.com/dvkcool/scilab-work/blob/master/Script/bundlerSigner.sh
> > > To check for the signed app or not
> > > Just run the following command after installing from dmg:
> > > codesign -d --verbose=4 /Applications/Scilab.app
> > >
> > > Also for dmg sign you can check(After cd to the directory where you place the installer)
> > > codesign -d --verbose=4 ScilabInstaller.dmg
> > > Output of the above commands will be something like:
> > > Executable=/Applications/Scilab.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/scilab
> > > Identifier=scilab
> > > Format=bundle with generic
> > > CodeDirectory v=20200 size=166 flags=0x0(none) hashes=1+2 location=embedded
> > > Hash type=sha256 size=32
> > > CandidateCDHash sha1=947e7fb93dc0781d9b66492ed317dc424e60274d
> > > CandidateCDHash sha256=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf
> > > Hash choices=sha1,sha256
> > > Page size=none
> > > CDHash=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf
> > > Signature size=4692
> > > Authority=Mac Developer: Divyanshu Kumar (P2Q547GWU7)
> > > Authority=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority
> > > Authority=Apple Root CA
> > > Signed Time=28-Jun-2018 at 2:51:48 PM
> > > Info.plist=not bound
> > > TeamIdentifier=M9A7TMQ5QQ
> > > Sealed Resources=none
> > > Internal requirements count=2 size=216
> > >
> > > Also for dmg I have used image by myself so please don't mind the design.
> > >
> > > I am very much thankful to my mentor Mr Paul Bignier and Mr Clement David for
> > > their continuous help and support.
> > >
> > > Although the folder structure is not in proper accordance with Apple guidelines, I will be
> > > working on improving the same.
> > > I have also included an image of installer as an attachment, although its not much but just to
> > > have a look without installing.
> > > Coding Happily
> > > Regards
> > > Divyanshu Kumar
> > > National Institute of Technology, Raipur
> > > India.
> gsoc mailing list
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/gsoc
gsoc mailing list
Divyanshu Kumar Divyanshu Kumar

Re: Progress Update - Signed dmg, app with bundled java and thirdparty

So sorry sir for the delayed reply.
Actually I removed the dmg myself,
I was working on another version of this dmg, the last one was a bit bulky about 380 MB, also it was coming as damaged on old Mac OS ( I tried on a old machine having Mac OS 10.9)

So I was working on a better version, since Paul sir also told that the system with him had old OS.
I did create a new dmg, this one is lighter only 240.34 MB.
Also it has a few more features like it asks admin password for first run.
But still there are some issues to be fixed like showing two icons in dock.

Both the dmg and app are signed with production keys.
can be verified by following command:

$ spctl -a -vvvv /Applications/Scilab.app

Output will be:

/Applications/Scilab.app: accepted

source=Developer ID

origin=Developer ID Application: SCILAB ENTERPRISES (M9A7TMQ5QQ)

However, even after both code sign and spctl agrees, but still gatekeeper pops up a message window saying the identity of developer can not be verified.

But this is just  a message, and if we click on Open button, it runs fine.
Regarding this I have already mailed Apple support team regarding why this message is being shown, even the app is properly signed and all, ticked id of same is: 100580997268.

However the java and libs are properly bundled, please do give it a try and do let me know,

Regarding same on Github, I didn't put it on GitHub due to its large size(as the git gets slow for large files(at least in my system I guess))
but I did try to add it, but it resulted in an error :

remote: error: File outputs/ScilabInstaller.dmg is 240.34 MB; this exceeds GitHub's file size limit of 100.00 MB

However please do try it with Google drive link, I will make sure not to remove it without prior notice.

Also this time I have used a GUI application known as Apple Script Editor to create the dmg, this reduces the need to call other scripts for signing.
This tool is pre-installed in all Mac system and is located in Application => Other => Script Editor (in launchpad).

Please do try this dmg and let me know in case of any issues, since I can't try on many systems, so it will be nice if it is tested thoroughly.

Divyanshu Kumar

> Hello all,
> certificates.
> xs32w_HSP_BF6n
> experience.
> humble opinion.
> ml
> Please do try this dmg and do let me know in case of any issues.
> Regards
> Divyanshu Kumar
> National Institute of Technology, Raipur
> India
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > To run this dmg, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy
> > Then click on Run anyway.
> >
> > However IMHO the production keys should solve this issue.
> > Regards
> > Divyanshu Kumar
> > On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > I am happy to share my work progress, with all of you.
> > >
> > > June), but things were not complete then.
> > > issues:
> > > CandidateCDHash sha1=947e7fb93dc0781d9b66492ed317dc424e60274d
> > > CandidateCDHash sha256=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf
> > > Hash choices=sha1,sha256
> > > Page size=none
> > > CDHash=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf
> > > Signature size=4692
> > > Authority=Mac Developer: Divyanshu Kumar (P2Q547GWU7)
> > > Authority=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority
> > > Authority=Apple Root CA
> > > Signed Time=28-Jun-2018 at 2:51:48 PM
> > > Info.plist=not bound
> > > TeamIdentifier=M9A7TMQ5QQ
> > > Sealed Resources=none
> > > Internal requirements count=2 size=216
> > >
> > > Also for dmg I have used image by myself so please don't mind the design.
> > >
> > > their continuous help and support.
> > >
> > > working on improving the same.
> > > have a look without installing.
> > > Coding Happily
> > > Regards
> > > Divyanshu Kumar
> > > National Institute of Technology, Raipur
> > > India.
> gsoc mailing list
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/gsoc
gsoc mailing list

gsoc mailing list
Paul Bignier Paul Bignier

Re: Progress Update - Signed dmg, app with bundled java and thirdparty

Hello dvk!

On macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) I get a message telling me that "Scilab is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the trash" during the "Verifying application..." step.
It doesn't matter too much because it's mostly important to work on newer macOS but it's not a good sign :/
"More Info" tells me that "The app has been modified and its code does not match the original signed code"

I tried with this version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14E15DdNnWyodGTBmjawp-wl3a3jqC4ex

scilab@runlap393:~$ spctl -a -vvv /Applications/Scilab.app
The sealed resource directory is invalid

I haven't tried on my personal macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) yet.

Kind regards,
Paul

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------
ESI Group - Scilab
99 rue des Solets - 94513 Rungis, France
Phone: +33.1.41.73.58.77

From: gsoc <[hidden email]> on behalf of Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]>
Sent: Sunday, July 8, 2018 1:56 PM
To: List dedicated to Scilab participation to the Google Summer of Code
Subject: Re: [Gsoc] Progress Update - Signed dmg, app with bundled java and thirdparty

So sorry sir for the delayed reply.
Actually I removed the dmg myself,

I did create a new dmg, this one is lighter only 240.34 MB.
Also it has a few more features like it asks admin password for first run.
But still there are some issues to be fixed like showing two icons in dock.

Both the dmg and app are signed with production keys.
can be verified by following command:

$ spctl -a -vvvv /Applications/Scilab.app

Output will be:

/Applications/Scilab.app: accepted

source=Developer ID

origin=Developer ID Application: SCILAB ENTERPRISES (M9A7TMQ5QQ)

But this is just  a message, and if we click on Open button, it runs fine.

but I did try to add it, but it resulted in an error :

> Hello all,
> certificates.
> xs32w_HSP_BF6n
> experience.
> humble opinion.
> ml
> Please do try this dmg and do let me know in case of any issues.
> Regards
> Divyanshu Kumar
> National Institute of Technology, Raipur
> India
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > To run this dmg, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy
> > Then click on Run anyway.
> >
> > However IMHO the production keys should solve this issue.
> > Regards
> > Divyanshu Kumar
> > On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > I am happy to share my work progress, with all of you.
> > >
> > > June), but things were not complete then.
> > > issues:
> > > CandidateCDHash sha1=947e7fb93dc0781d9b66492ed317dc424e60274d
> > > CandidateCDHash sha256=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf
> > > Hash choices=sha1,sha256
> > > Page size=none
> > > CDHash=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf
> > > Signature size=4692
> > > Authority=Mac Developer: Divyanshu Kumar (P2Q547GWU7)
> > > Authority=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority
> > > Authority=Apple Root CA
> > > Signed Time=28-Jun-2018 at 2:51:48 PM
> > > Info.plist=not bound
> > > TeamIdentifier=M9A7TMQ5QQ
> > > Sealed Resources=none
> > > Internal requirements count=2 size=216
> > >
> > > Also for dmg I have used image by myself so please don't mind the design.
> > >
> > > their continuous help and support.
> > >
> > > working on improving the same.
> > > have a look without installing.
> > > Coding Happily
> > > Regards
> > > Divyanshu Kumar
> > > National Institute of Technology, Raipur
> > > India.
> gsoc mailing list
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/gsoc
gsoc mailing list

gsoc mailing list
Divyanshu Kumar Divyanshu Kumar

Re: Progress Update - Signed dmg, app with bundled java and thirdparty

Ok thats a bit depressing to hear,
However lets wait for Apple support reply too, maybe same thing is causing the error.
Will try to fix it then.
Divyanshu Kumar
National Institute of Technology, Raipur

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Paul Bignier <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello dvk!

scilab@runlap393:~$ spctl -a -vvv /Applications/Scilab.app
The sealed resource directory is invalid

I haven't tried on my personal macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) yet.

Kind regards,
Paul

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------
ESI Group - Scilab
99 rue des Solets - 94513 Rungis, France
Phone: +33.1.41.73.58.77

From: gsoc <[hidden email]> on behalf of Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]>
Sent: Sunday, July 8, 2018 1:56 PM
To: List dedicated to Scilab participation to the Google Summer of Code

So sorry sir for the delayed reply.
Actually I removed the dmg myself,

I did create a new dmg, this one is lighter only 240.34 MB.
Also it has a few more features like it asks admin password for first run.
But still there are some issues to be fixed like showing two icons in dock.

Both the dmg and app are signed with production keys.
can be verified by following command:

$ spctl -a -vvvv /Applications/Scilab.app

Output will be:

/Applications/Scilab.app: accepted

source=Developer ID

origin=Developer ID Application: SCILAB ENTERPRISES (M9A7TMQ5QQ)

But this is just  a message, and if we click on Open button, it runs fine.

but I did try to add it, but it resulted in an error :

> Hello all,
> certificates.
> xs32w_HSP_BF6n
> experience.
> humble opinion.
> ml
> Please do try this dmg and do let me know in case of any issues.
> Regards
> Divyanshu Kumar
> National Institute of Technology, Raipur
> India
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > To run this dmg, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy
> > Then click on Run anyway.
> >
> > However IMHO the production keys should solve this issue.
> > Regards
> > Divyanshu Kumar
> > On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > I am happy to share my work progress, with all of you.
> > >
> > > June), but things were not complete then.
> > > issues:
> > > CandidateCDHash sha1=947e7fb93dc0781d9b66492ed317dc424e60274d
> > > CandidateCDHash sha256=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf
> > > Hash choices=sha1,sha256
> > > Page size=none
> > > CDHash=2fed9f53dbaa6d41e79e9b695a1fdc337087c5bf
> > > Signature size=4692
> > > Authority=Mac Developer: Divyanshu Kumar (P2Q547GWU7)
> > > Authority=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority
> > > Authority=Apple Root CA
> > > Signed Time=28-Jun-2018 at 2:51:48 PM
> > > Info.plist=not bound
> > > TeamIdentifier=M9A7TMQ5QQ
> > > Sealed Resources=none
> > > Internal requirements count=2 size=216
> > >
> > > Also for dmg I have used image by myself so please don't mind the design.
> > >
> > > their continuous help and support.
> > >
> > > working on improving the same.
> > > have a look without installing.
> > > Coding Happily