[Gsoc] Questions Regarding Scilab GSoC Projects

Pranav Deshpande Pranav Deshpande

[Gsoc] Questions Regarding Scilab GSoC Projects

Hello,
I am interested in undertaking Scilab projects under GSoC. Previously, I have contributed to a numerical optimization toolbox for Scilab during my internship: https://github.com/universecoder/FOSSEE_Cbc/

I read the list of projects mentioned here. They were divided under various sections. Is each section to be considered a single project? Or the ones listed under it? If so, projects such as 'Improve gsort' seem quite small(please correct me if I am mistaken).

I am confused so as to what to write in project proposals. I am interested in m2sci, COIN OR and gsort.

Thanking you,
Regards,
Pranav.

paul paul

Re: Questions Regarding Scilab GSoC Projects

Hello Pranav,

Every entry is a single project. Surely they are more or less difficult
but they should not be underestimated, partly because they require
proper documenting & testing.

We haven't updated our project priorities yet but keep an eye on the
page because it should happen soon.

In the meantime you may compile Scilab on your machine
(https://wiki.scilab.org/Compiling%20Scilab%205.x%20under%20GNU-Linux%20Unix)
and find some bugs (http://bugzilla.scilab.org/) to work on so we may
evaluate your skills!

Best regards,