[Gsoc] Reg: Selection of Toolbox for Matlab Mex Files GSoC Project

Siddhartha Gairola Siddhartha Gairola

[Gsoc] Reg: Selection of Toolbox for Matlab Mex Files GSoC Project

Hello all,

With my previous discussions with Clément he had suggested that I should select a suitable Mex Toolbox which would serve to help focus the development of the mexlib module.
I did go through some of the existing mex toolboxes, but I am not sure which one would be the best suited for our purpose. Listed below are the one's which I looked at -
1. https://kyamagu.github.io/mexopencv/,
https://github.com/kyamagu/mexopencv

2. https://github.com/alecjacobson/gptoolbox

3. http://petercorke.com/wordpress/toolboxes/machine-vision-toolbox

4. http://bootstrap-software.com/psignifit/toolbox.php

If you could help me decide which one to select from the above, or if you have any other toolbox in mind which we could use for this purpose I would be highly grateful.

For the same purpose if we are unable to find a toolbox then the examples distributed with matlab for the mex library could be used.

Currently I am taking a look at the mex examples distributed with matlab and extending the tests for the mexlib module in Scilab.

Thanking you.

Regards,
Siddhartha
(IRC: rocko)

Re: Reg: Selection of Toolbox for Matlab Mex Files GSoC Project

Hello Siddhartha,

The list is OK to me however these are all *big* mex toolboxes containing both mex C/C++ and scripts
or relying on external libraries (like opencv).

At first I suggest you to map the `gptoolbox` which seems to be simpler than the others. Please
focus on MEX API rather than Matlab script files.