[Gsoc] Scilab Dmg v5 for Mac OS 10.9

Divyanshu Kumar Divyanshu Kumar

[Gsoc] Scilab Dmg v5 for Mac OS 10.9

Hello everyone,

Updates/Fixes:
1. Removed admin privilege request.
2. Faster verification (by reducing the resources)
3. Removed some apple script which may have caused trouble in 10.9

I am also trying to get MacOS10.9 on my machine in VirtualBox so as I can test it too, but I am unable to get the official 10.9 Mavericks installer,

So I would be glad if someone could please test this version on 10.9 too,

I would be eagerly waiting for 10.9 test results.

Also if it works, then I would share the docs and proper scripts to do the same.

Regards
Divyanshu Kumar
National Institute of Technology, Raipur
India

Paul Bignier Paul Bignier

Re: Scilab Dmg v5 for Mac OS 10.9

Hello dvk,

On macOS 10.13 the verification is indeed faster (hope it doesn't break any functionalities?), the only problem is that the icon isn't the puffin (see attached screenshots).

I'll give you the test results on 10.9 as soon as I get my hands on it.

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
ESI Group - Scilab
99 rue des Solets - 94513 Rungis, France
Phone: +33.1.41.73.58.77
https://scilab.io
https://esi-group.com

2. Faster verification (by reducing the resources)
3. Removed some apple script which may have caused trouble in 10.9

I am also trying to get MacOS10.9 on my machine in VirtualBox so as I can test it too, but I am unable to get the official 10.9 Mavericks installer,

So I would be glad if someone could please test this version on 10.9 too,

I would be eagerly waiting for 10.9 test results.

Also if it works, then I would share the docs and proper scripts to do the same.

Regards
Divyanshu Kumar
National Institute of Technology, Raipur
India

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 13.15.59.png (87K) Download Attachment
Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 13.16.24.png (221K) Download Attachment
Divyanshu Kumar Divyanshu Kumar

Re: Scilab Dmg v5 for Mac OS 10.9

Hello Mr. Paul,

Thank your for your response and test result,
Yes all features are working, and no option was damaged to enhance the verification time,
However I did remove an outdated AppleScript in the code (checkmates.applescript which used to be present in /bin folder of scilab) this file was a quite outdated which also might have lead to slower verification.
I did add the functionality of this AppleScript directly in the starter script by using osascript - a modernly to use AppleScript features through shell script.
(I have added all this info to the Instruction page).

Regarding the icon, I notice that I by mistake used wrong icon name in Info.plist, which I have updated.

I will be sending you an updated version of dmg and also full instruction page with video demo of both using my script to make the signed app/dmg and how to make a proper backup of Developer ID by end of the day.
The page and videos are almost ready but it will take some time to upload.

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Paul Bignier <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello dvk,

On macOS 10.13 the verification is indeed faster (hope it doesn't break any functionalities?), the only problem is that the icon isn't the puffin (see attached screenshots).

I'll give you the test results on 10.9 as soon as I get my hands on it.

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
ESI Group - Scilab
99 rue des Solets - 94513 Rungis, France
Phone: +33.1.41.73.58.77
https://scilab.io
https://esi-group.com

Divyanshu Kumar Divyanshu Kumar

Re: Scilab Dmg v5 for Mac OS 10.9

Hello everyone,

Here a v6 of the dmg: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gl4dRngHxGvSTOHOg_U8GX4yJlSu4LZU/view
Updates:
1. Fixed Icon

A page having full documentation of the process with included video demo: https://dvkcool.github.io/gsoc-2018/blog/108.html

A video showing how to use my script to build app/dmg(signed): https://youtu.be/VjRfisq-1pA

Also please do keep in mind to take backup of certificates, trust me it gets very difficult in case you loose them.
A video showing how to backup the developer certificates properly: https://youtu.be/iFgELNUxO5w

As it was my first time making a youtube video, feel free to point out the mistakes, so as I can improve.
Also the dmg I am sharing is the exact same dmg I make in the video, so there is no hidden steps.

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 5:32 PM, Divyanshu Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Paul Bignier Paul Bignier

Re: Scilab Dmg v5 for Mac OS 10.9

It's working on 10.9!

The app works just like in 10.13: verification is quite speedy, then it asks me (only the first time) to confirm if I want to run an application downloaded from the internet and starts Scilab 6.0.1 normally.

I've tested a few functionalities and no problem so far.

Good job,

Paul

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
ESI Group - Scilab
99 rue des Solets - 94513 Rungis, France
Phone: +33.1.41.73.58.77
https://scilab.io
https://esi-group.com

Divyanshu Kumar Divyanshu Kumar

Re: Scilab Dmg v5 for Mac OS 10.9

Hello Mr. Paul,
Thanks a lot for the test result,
It's really nice to hear that it worked on 10.9 too.