[Gsoc] Usage Tracking Module

12
Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: Usage Tracking Module

Hi,

I have added the Personal ID (tid) according to Google Analytics. In the ScilabUsageTrackingLexer.java file, I have added a URL which will be receiving the Usage Statistics . The URl is the in-built Google Analytics one. Instead, do we create a separate web page which will receive the Hit statistics?

Thank You!!

Re: Usage Tracking Module

Hello Diganta,

During the development period, feel free to use your own URL however be sure to use a well-described
constant String to change it later.

Le dimanche 09 juillet 2017 à 13:17 -0700, Diganta Dutta a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have added the Personal ID (tid) according to Google Analytics. In the
> ScilabUsageTrackingLexer.java file, I have added a URL which will be
> receiving the Usage Statistics . The URl is the in-built Google Analytics
> one. Instead, do we create a separate web page which will receive the Hit
> statistics?
>
> Thank You!!

Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: Usage Tracking Module

In my latest commit, in the scinotes module, I have integrated the Google Analytics JAVA API which will be accessed by ScilabUsageTrackingLexer.java file.
Please check it so as to confirm if this is what is needed.
One problem I am dealing with is that in the newly created API module, I am having errors like @param or @Test not defined and
 has no summary or caption.

Thank You!!
Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: Usage Tracking Module

Hi,

I have removed the external API and added the Google Analytics Measurement Protocol Hit Builder code instead in the ScilabUsageTrackingLexer.java file. Also, a UsageTrackingSnippet.html has been added. That snippet should, according to Measurement Protocol, be included in the URL I am using for receiving the hit statistics of commands and macros.

Thank You!
Diganta Dutta Diganta Dutta

Re: Usage Tracking Module

Hi,

I actually want to continue building my project. So, can I get a rough idea about what changes need to be done in the Usage Tracking Module?

Thank You

Re: Usage Tracking Module

Hi Diganta,

Sorry for the lag, I was off for vacation. To continue your work on "Usage tracking", I suggest you
to try to compile you commit and setup your own google analytics account to track the counted
events. I would be happy to have something working even only within SciNotes and with preferences.

Le samedi 05 août 2017 à 05:10 -0700, Diganta Dutta a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I actually want to continue building my project. So, can I get a rough idea
> about what changes need to be done in the Usage Tracking Module?
>
> Thank You

12