[Gsoc] Week 1 Blog and a few doubts

Divyanshu Kumar Divyanshu Kumar

[Gsoc] Week 1 Blog and a few doubts

Hello World,

I am Divyanshu Kumar, and I am working on "signed Mac OS app" project with Scilab.

I am thankful to my mentors for allowing me to focus on my exams and practicals till 14/05. From now on I will be writing blogs on alternate days or so, and index of which can be found

I will be happy to receive comments and suggestions about my pages and blogs.
Currently there is only one blog (14-15 May): https://dvkcool.github.io/gsoc-2018/blog/1405.html

Also a few dependencies mentioned for Mac OS are either outdated/ unavailable, so I have mentioned newer version os alternate, please have a look and do let me know if there is a problem in changing the versions of same:

Regards
Divyanshu Kumar.

Paul Bignier Paul Bignier

Re: Week 1 Blog and a few doubts

Hello dvk,

You based your instructions on https://wiki.scilab.org/Compiling%20Scilab%20under%20MacOSX, right?
It's good to use fink (insteard of port) indeed.
The wiki page is outdated, you are right to update the versions references, thank you for listing them.
Once you have an updated list of packages and make sure that compilation passes and Scilab starts OK, please update the wiki page.
But before you update it, I'll compare your new package list with mine (tonight maybe?) and give you a feedback.

Kind regards,
Paul

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
ESI Group - Scilab
99 rue des Solets - 94513 Rungis, France
Phone: +33.1.41.73.58.77
https://scilab.io
https://esi-group.com

Divyanshu Kumar Divyanshu Kumar

Re: Week 1 Blog and a few doubts

Hello everyone,
I guess there has been a small connection error on the IRC, I think my messages were somehow not sent properly to my mentor.
So I am sending a mail regarding same:
I have finally completed working on the script which downloads all dependencies and also compiles and installs scilab on Mac OS, which can be found here: https://github.com/dvkcool/scilab-work/blob/master/Script/scilabDependenciesInstallerAndCompiler.sh .

I have tested for various cases, I have also included options to take choice of branch, getting different jdk path if required additional parameters from the user.

However I still have a few doubts regarding same:
1. JDK 10 won't work with Scilab compilation, because compilation of Scilab requires javah which has been discontinued, and instead javac with -h is suggested, so how to change the build process,
Its not difficult to replace `javah` with `javac -h`, but I wasn't able to figure out where, if someone could help me with which modules should I change, it could be great help.

2. Also the LD_LIBRARY_PATH  doesn't work well in Mac, so I did copy all the third party to lib folder of jdk it did solve the requirement, also I did include this in my script, (line 445- 455 in scilabDependenciesInstallerAndCompiler.sh
So is it ok if I do so, I mean what if user requires the third party libs for the softwares and downloads
However the downloaded lib files don't work well with Scilab compilation in Mac.
(More details can be found on my blog, especially here https://dvkcool.github.io/gsoc-2018/blog/1905.html)

3. How to check for integrity of git clone, I can think of an alternative of md5 checksum check, but if anyone else could suggest an easier alternative, it would highly appreciated.

also my blog index can be found here: https://dvkcool.github.io/gsoc-2018/blog/index.html

I would be happy to receive suggestions for above mentioned doubts.
Regards
Divyanshu Kumar
NIT Raipur

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 6:14 PM, Paul Bignier <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sent from Divyanshu's Tablet pc