Gsoc application

MOHIT BHATIA MOHIT BHATIA

Gsoc application

Respected mentors

I am Mohit Bhatia, fourth year student of B.E. (Hons.) Mechanical at BITS-Pilani (http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/). I am interested Develop Partial Differential Equation module under Scilab . I had successfully completed my term projects and campus projects which deals with implementation of C and C++ programming and designing of algorithms including Solving Tower Of Hanoi using three robots.I have understanding of FORTRAN language and had implied it for my mechanical course projects which includes solving using numerical techniques.I have fair knowledge regarding Numerical Methods and i have implied Partial Differential Equations using software like MATLAB and have solved these equations for my term courses and had practical industrial experiences where i have implied these techniques at developing my project during my summer internships and my last semester internship. I implemented various algorithms (ant colony, random walk etc.) and have knowledge of calculus and various integrating and differentiation techniques . I have done literature survey on the given topic and want to do it as a part of GSOC 2012..

I am interested in applying for the project - "PDE Module". I have read the ideas page. It looks interesting. Although any further details/pointers to the projects would be greatly appreciated. Is there some specific literature I should be reading?

Best Regards,

MOHIT BHATIA
UNDERGRADUATE 4th YEAR
B.E.(hons.) MECHANICAL
BITS PILANI,GOA CAMPUS
Sylvestre Ledru-4 Sylvestre Ledru-4

Re: Gsoc application

Hello,

Le mercredi 28 mars 2012 à 15:19 -0700, MOHIT BHATIA a écrit :

> Respected mentors
>

> I am Mohit Bhatia, fourth year student of B.E. (Hons.) Mechanical at
> BITS-Pilani (http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/). I am interested Develop
> Partial Differential Equation module under Scilab . I had successfully
> completed my term projects and campus projects which deals with
> implementation of C and C++ programming and designing of algorithms
> including Solving Tower Of Hanoi using three robots.I have
> understanding of FORTRAN language and had implied it for my mechanical
> course projects which includes solving using numerical techniques.I
> have fair knowledge regarding Numerical Methods and i have implied
> Partial Differential Equations using software like MATLAB and have
> solved these equations for my term courses and had practical
> industrial experiences where i have implied these techniques at
> developing my project during my summer internships and my last
> semester internship. I implemented various algorithms (ant colony,
> random walk etc.) and have knowledge of calculus and various
> integrating and differentiation techniques . I have done literature
> survey on the given topic and want to do it as a part of GSOC 2012..
>

> I am interested in applying for the project - "PDE Module". I have
> read the ideas page. It looks interesting. Although any
> further details/pointers to the projects would be greatly appreciated.
> Is there some specific literature I should be reading?
You should have a look to various other implemtantion of this in similar
software.

Sylvestre Ledru
Operation manager
Community manager