[Gsoc] atomsGui() default download address

Soumitra Agarwal Soumitra Agarwal

[Gsoc] atomsGui() default download address

Hi,

The default download address for atomsGui() as indicated in the attached
screenshot is https://atoms.scilab.org/6.1/TOOLBOXES/64/linux.gz which
returns a 404 error on wget on the scilab console as well as my systems
console (a different address :
https://atoms.scilab.org/5.5/TOOLBOXES/64/linux.gz seems to work). Am I
doing something wrong here or is this a known issue?

Re: atomsGui() default download address

Hi Soumitra,

Correct, on master the default download address is the URL you mentioned. There is no built
toolboxes yet so there is an error. As the master is very similar to the 6.0.1, some toolboxes built
for 6.0.0 or 6.0.1 might work but this will not be the case in general (there is already a C++ ABI
change for people using the new C++ API).

Le jeudi 08 mars 2018 à 00:26 -0700, Soumitra Agarwal a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> The default download address for atomsGui() as indicated in the attached
> screenshot is https://atoms.scilab.org/6.1/TOOLBOXES/64/linux.gz which
> returns a 404 error on wget on the scilab console as well as my systems
> console (a different address :
> https://atoms.scilab.org/5.5/TOOLBOXES/64/linux.gz seems to work). Am I
> doing something wrong here or is this a known issue?

Soumitra Agarwal Soumitra Agarwal

Re: atomsGui() default download address

Hi,

I changed the URL manually in /modules/atoms/etc/repositories from
http://atoms.scilab.org/6.1 to something that has a package built already
(which works right now) but as you suggested it wouldn't work for all
toolboxes. Do you think there is a better workaround till we get the latest
build?

Le 08/03/2018 à 08:26, Soumitra Agarwal a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> The default download address for atomsGui() as indicated in the attached
> screenshot is https://atoms.scilab.org/6.1/TOOLBOXES/64/linux.gz which
> returns a 404 error on wget on the scilab console as well as my systems
> console (a different address :
> https://atoms.scilab.org/5.5/TOOLBOXES/64/linux.gz seems to work). Am I
> doing something wrong here or is this a known issue?

For toolboxes that run only macros, most of modules for Scilab 6.0 will
be compatible with Scilab 6.1.
You can set (once) the 6.0 atoms address in your 6.1 master session with
--> atomsRepositoryAdd("http://atoms.scilab.org/6.0", "allusers")
Then, the atoms Client will scan for 6.1 first, will still fail and now
ignore it, then will scan for 6.0, will find it and download the list,
and afterward you will be able to install modules for 6.0 on your 6.1
master.

I recommand you the "uman" module for testing.
And why not using ;)