Installing the modules without ATOM access

Berns Buenaobra Berns Buenaobra

Installing the modules without ATOM access

Hello Scilab Users:

I'd like to know how I would be able to install modules without the use of ATOM because of retrictions in our company network? Any tips on how to do this would be certainly be welcomed!

Regards,

Berns B.
gareste gareste

Re: Installing the modules without ATOM access

On 22/03/2011 11:34, Berns Buenaobra wrote:
> Hello Scilab Users:
> I'd like to know how I would be able to install modules without the
> use of ATOM because of retrictions in our company network? Any tips on
> how to do this would be certainly be welcomed!
> Regards,
> Berns B.
Hi,

Find a way to get the module you want (like downloading it from home if
you can't bypass your company restrictions), then launch scilab (must be
a version supported by the toolbox), then type
atomsInstall('/the/path/to/your/module.tar.gz')  (or .zip, depending on
your OS). Then load it by typing atomsLoad('yourmodule'), or restart
your scilab.

Simon

--
Simon Gareste
Support&  Development Engineer

Le 22/03/2011 14:57, Simon GARESTE a écrit :

> On 22/03/2011 11:34, Berns Buenaobra wrote:
>> Hello Scilab Users:
>> I'd like to know how I would be able to install modules without the
>> use of ATOM because of retrictions in our company network? Any tips
>> on how to do this would be certainly be welcomed!
>> Regards,
>> Berns B.
> Hi,
>
> Find a way to get the module you want (like downloading it from home
> if you can't bypass your company restrictions), then launch scilab
> (must be a version supported by the toolbox), then type
> atomsInstall('/the/path/to/your/module.tar.gz')  (or .zip, depending
> on your OS). Then load it by typing atomsLoad('yourmodule'), or
> restart your scilab.
>
> Simon

Maybe it is just a proxy problem ? Do you use a proxy server at your
work ? If this is the case you can
make the atoms manager aware of this.

S.
Berns Buenaobra Berns Buenaobra

Re: Installing the modules without ATOM access

Hello Simon:

Recently I started using the image processing module in my class this method also works:
Pre-installation
----------------------
o Install Scilab>=5.2
o If you want to use SIVP under Linux, you need to install
OpenCV>=1.0.0. If you want video support, OpenCV should be compiled
with ffmpeg.

Download
--------------
o Download the compressed toolbox file (such as sivp-0.5.1.zip), and
then uncompress it.
o Suppose the uncompressed directory (fold) name is sivp-0.5.1, move
it into SCI/contrib, where SCI is the directory that Scilab is
installed.

Build the toolbox
------------
o Run the following code in Scilab command window:
   --> cd SCI/contrib/sivp-0.5.1
   --> exec('builder.sce')
  If no error, sivp will appears in Toolbox menu after re-run Scilab.

Thanks and regards,

Berns B.
Lecturer in Image Processing and Machine Vision
USC (Philippines) Dept.of Physics

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Simon GARESTE <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bernardino Jerez Buenaobra
Motion Control Engineer
FW/Motion Control Laboratory
Lexmark Research and Development Corporation (LRDC)
6F Lexmark Plaza 2
Samar Loop corner Panay Road,
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City,
6000 Philippines
Direct number: +6332 234 8763
Mobile: +639162911607
[hidden email]
Skype ID: poormanphysics

"Res Imus Motus..."(We set things in motion)

Allan CORNET Allan CORNET

RE: Installing the modules without ATOM access

Hi,

If you have some network restrictions to download ATOMS package, the best way is to use ATOMS installation ‘offline’ mode.

Download ATOMS package of dedicated web page from a workstation where you can download some files:

http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/SIVP

example :

SIVP_0.5.3-3.bin.i686.linux.tar.gz

atomsSetConfig("offLine","True");    // see http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.3.3/fr_FR/atomsSetConfig.html

atomsInstall("/myhome/SIVP_0.5.3-3.bin.i686.linux.tar.gz");  // with the good full path and filename

and restart Scilab

SIVP will be loaded

Best regards

Allan