[Jlatexmath] Dynamic/animated LaTeX typesetting

Christian Stussak Christian Stussak

[Jlatexmath] Dynamic/animated LaTeX typesetting

Hi everybody,

in my program I have to typeset a LaTeX expression containing a
dynamically changing string resp. number. So for simplicity let's just
take $\frac{a}{b}$ and a and b are to be substituted dynamically by some
numbers. I want to produce an animation, i.e. the equation rendering has
to be done as fast as possible. As an example think of an animated
enumeration of the rational numbers ... I don't want to post my concrete
code here because it's rather complex.

My current naive solution is to substitute a and b in the string
"\frac{a}{b}" and then create a new TexFormula and a new TexIcon out of
if. By inspecting the source code of JLaTeXMath I found the
dynamic-package and the \jlmdynamic command which sounds like the
solution to my problem, i.e. precompile the formula with some dynamic
nodes in it and then refresh only the dynamic nodes in it during the
animation. Unfortunately I have not been able to figure out how to use
the \jlmdynamic-api.

Can someone please provide a minimal example? Maybe with the simple
\frac{a}{b} example (because \frac{}{} is static and there are two
dynamic nodes a,b (as in my project) and not only one).

Kind regards,
Christian
Dallan Hunt Dallan Hunt

Re: [Jlatexmath] Dynamic/animated LaTeX typesetting

I would be interested to hear what is said about this too, as my
project also involves dynamic input.  To be fair, I have used the
'naive' solution described, and it has worked fine.  If there's a
better way I'd like to know.

Dallan

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 3:02 AM, Christian Stussak
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> in my program I have to typeset a LaTeX expression containing a dynamically
> changing string resp. number. So for simplicity let's just take
> $\frac{a}{b}$ and a and b are to be substituted dynamically by some numbers.
> I want to produce an animation, i.e. the equation rendering has to be done
> as fast as possible. As an example think of an animated enumeration of the
> rational numbers ... I don't want to post my concrete code here because it's
> rather complex.
>
> My current naive solution is to substitute a and b in the string
> "\frac{a}{b}" and then create a new TexFormula and a new TexIcon out of if.
> By inspecting the source code of JLaTeXMath I found the dynamic-package and
> the \jlmdynamic command which sounds like the solution to my problem, i.e.
> precompile the formula with some dynamic nodes in it and then refresh only
> the dynamic nodes in it during the animation. Unfortunately I have not been
> able to figure out how to use the \jlmdynamic-api.
>
> Can someone please provide a minimal example? Maybe with the simple
> \frac{a}{b} example (because \frac{}{} is static and there are two dynamic
> nodes a,b (as in my project) and not only one).
>

> Kind regards,
> Christian
Phuc Luoi Phuc Luoi

Re: [Jlatexmath] Dynamic/animated LaTeX typesetting

It sounds interesting. I have the same problem and would like to know a solution.