[Jlatexmath] JLaTeXMath

Shahzad Majeed Shahzad Majeed

[Jlatexmath] JLaTeXMath

Hello,

I am a Lead iOS Engineer at Tintash Pvt. Ltd and we are going to write an open source version of JLaTeXMath for objective-c (iOS) developers so that they can support LaTeX in their applications.Since it is going to be an open source project so we thought you might be interested in helping us to get this job done.

At this time, I just need answers of few questions from your developers (it would be great if the JLaTexMath team can share their skype usernames with us for a quick chat or a call ?).Here are my questions:

1: How many developers on average were working on this project ? We want to estimate how much time it can take us to port to iOS.
2: How much time it took you guys to release the final version ?
3: To my best knowledge , there is no objective-c library available at this time.But please let us know if you have knowledge of some existing project so we can save our time.

I would appreciate your efforts and help for this great open source project.

Thanks & Regards,
Shahzad Majeed

--
Best Regards,
Shahzad Majeed

Sylvestre Ledru-4 Sylvestre Ledru-4

Re: [Jlatexmath] JLaTeXMath

Hello,

On 10/09/2013 09:53, Shahzad Majeed wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a Lead iOS Engineer at Tintash Pvt. Ltd and we are going to write
> an open source version of JLaTeXMath for objective-c (iOS) developers
> so that they can support LaTeX in their applications.Since it is going
> to be an open source project so we thought you might be interested in
> helping us to get this job done.

Cool. Sure! Please keep the same license.

> At this time, I just need answers of few questions from your
> developers (it would be great if the JLaTexMath team can share their
> skype usernames with us for a quick chat or a call ?).Here are my
> questions:
>
> 1: How many developers on average were working on this project ? We
> want to estimate how much time it can take us to port to iOS.
Calixte is the lead developer. I am doing some basic maintenance and we
have from time to time contributions.
You will find detailed statistics on:
https://www.ohloh.net/p/jlatexmath

> 2: How much time it took you guys to release the final version ?
Jlatexmath is a fork of Jmathtex (http://jmathtex.sourceforge.net/)
which was no longer maintained (and upstream wasn't willing to apply our
patches).

> 3: To my best knowledge , there is no objective-c library available at
> this time.But please let us know if you have knowledge of some
> existing project so we can save our time.

We don't think there is any.
> I would appreciate your efforts and help for this great open source
> project.

Thanks. We will be happy to apply modifications.