Quantcast

[Jlatexmath] are you aware of this license violation?

Marco Ciampa Marco Ciampa

[Jlatexmath] are you aware of this license violation?

I am asking here because I do not know if you aware of
GeoGebra current licence problem.

Here is described in detail:

Have you already discussed about this topic?
What are you going to do?
Are you going to ignore this licence violation?

Thank you.

--

Marco Ciampa

Sylvestre Ledru-3 Sylvestre Ledru-3

Re: [Jlatexmath] are you aware of this license violation?

On 25/01/2014 02:15, Marco Ciampa wrote:

> I am asking here because I do not know if you aware of
> GeoGebra current licence problem.
>
> Here is described in detail:

> Have you already discussed about this topic?
> What are you going to do?
> Are you going to ignore this licence violation?
>
> Thank you.

Calixte and I are both part of this thread on the Debian bug tracker.
What they are doing is wrong and a shame but not sure what we can do more..

Marco Ciampa Marco Ciampa

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 04:23:38PM -0800, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

> On 25/01/2014 02:15, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> > I am asking here because I do not know if you aware of
> > GeoGebra current licence problem.
> >
> > Here is described in detail:

> > Have you already discussed about this topic?
> > What are you going to do?
> > Are you going to ignore this licence violation?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> Calixte and I are both part of this thread on the Debian bug tracker.
> What they are doing is wrong and a shame but not sure what we can do more..

I may be wrong but a letter from a lawyer of FSF IMHO usually is enough ...

--

Marco Ciampa

"L'utopia sta all'orizzonte. Mi avvicino  di due passi, lei si allontana
di due  passi. Faccio dieci  passi e  l'orizzonte si allontana  di dieci
passi.  Per quanto cammini, non la raggiungerò  mai. A cosa serve
l'utopia? A questo: serve a camminare."              Eduardo Galeano

Dallan Hunt Dallan Hunt

Re: [Jlatexmath] are you aware of this license violation?

I have a question about the different formatting in jLatex.  What I am trying to do is, in addition to writing fancy italicized equations, I want to be able to write non-italicized regular text.

I have tried the following different ways:

LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_SCRIPT, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50, 50);

LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_SCRIPT_SCRIPT, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50, 90);

LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_DISPLAY, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50, 120);

LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_TEXT, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50, 200);

//the last one I expected would be non-italiced, regular looking text but it is still italicized.  Is it possible to create regular text with jLatex?

Thanks

Felix Natter Felix Natter

Dallan Hunt <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello,

hi Dallan,

> I have a question about the different formatting in jLatex.  What I am trying to do is, in
> addition to writing fancy italicized equations, I want to be able to write non-italicized
> regular text.
>
> I have tried the following different ways:
>
> LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_SCRIPT, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50, 50);
>
> LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_SCRIPT_SCRIPT, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50,
> 90);
>
> LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_DISPLAY, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50, 120);
>
> LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_TEXT, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50, 200);
>
> //the last one I expected would be non-italiced, regular looking text but it is still
> italicized.  Is it possible to create regular text with jLatex?

You can use "\\text{abc}" which will put you in text mode.

@Calixte, @Sylvestre: I also think that it would be good to fix
STYLE_TEXT (are all of the STYLE_ constants ignored?).

BTW: @Dallan: You probably did not a receive a reply yet because your
post is "hidden" under the "license violation" thread.

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter

[Jlatexmath] How to use text mode with chinese characters

Hello,

     How to use text mode for chinese characters?
     Using "\\text{...}" with chinese character inside the bracket is
not working.

Thanks!

plin

於 2014/4/26 下午 09:56, Felix Natter 提到: