Quantcast

[Jlatexmath] are you aware of this license violation?

Marco Ciampa Marco Ciampa
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Jlatexmath] are you aware of this license violation?

I am asking here because I do not know if you aware of
GeoGebra current licence problem.

Here is described in detail:

Have you already discussed about this topic?
What are you going to do?
Are you going to ignore this licence violation?

Thank you.

Marco Ciampa

jlatexmath mailing list
Sylvestre Ledru-3 Sylvestre Ledru-3
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Jlatexmath] are you aware of this license violation?

On 25/01/2014 02:15, Marco Ciampa wrote:

> I am asking here because I do not know if you aware of
> GeoGebra current licence problem.
> Here is described in detail:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=692728
> Have you already discussed about this topic?
> What are you going to do?
> Are you going to ignore this licence violation?
> Thank you.
Calixte and I are both part of this thread on the Debian bug tracker.
What they are doing is wrong and a shame but not sure what we can do more..

Sylvestre
jlatexmath mailing list
Marco Ciampa Marco Ciampa
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Jlatexmath] are you aware of this license violation?

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 04:23:38PM -0800, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

> On 25/01/2014 02:15, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> > I am asking here because I do not know if you aware of
> > GeoGebra current licence problem.
> >
> > Here is described in detail:
> >
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=692728
> >
> > Have you already discussed about this topic?
> > What are you going to do?
> > Are you going to ignore this licence violation?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> Calixte and I are both part of this thread on the Debian bug tracker.
> What they are doing is wrong and a shame but not sure what we can do more..

I may be wrong but a letter from a lawyer of FSF IMHO usually is enough ...

Marco Ciampa

"L'utopia sta all'orizzonte. Mi avvicino  di due passi, lei si allontana
di due  passi. Faccio dieci  passi e  l'orizzonte si allontana  di dieci
passi.  Per quanto cammini, non la raggiungerò  mai. A cosa serve
l'utopia? A questo: serve a camminare."              Eduardo Galeano

+--------------------+
| Linux User  #78271 |
| FSFE fellow   #364 |
+--------------------+

jlatexmath mailing list
Dallan Hunt Dallan Hunt
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Jlatexmath] are you aware of this license violation?

In reply to this post by Marco Ciampa

I have a question about the different formatting in jLatex.  What I am trying to do is, in addition to writing fancy italicized equations, I want to be able to write non-italicized regular text.

I have tried the following different ways:

LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_SCRIPT_SCRIPT, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50, 90);

//the last one I expected would be non-italiced, regular looking text but it is still italicized.  Is it possible to create regular text with jLatex?

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 2:15 AM, Marco Ciampa <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am asking here because I do not know if you aware of
GeoGebra current licence problem.

Here is described in detail:

Have you already discussed about this topic?
What are you going to do?
Are you going to ignore this licence violation?

Thank you.

Marco Ciampa

jlatexmath mailing list

jlatexmath mailing list
Felix Natter Felix Natter
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Jlatexmath] are you aware of this license violation?

Dallan Hunt <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello,

hi Dallan,

> regular text.
> I have tried the following different ways:
> 90);
> italicized.  Is it possible to create regular text with jLatex?

You can use "\\text{abc}" which will put you in text mode.

@Calixte, @Sylvestre: I also think that it would be good to fix
STYLE_TEXT (are all of the STYLE_ constants ignored?).

BTW: @Dallan: You probably did not a receive a reply yet because your
post is "hidden" under the "license violation" thread.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Felix Natter
jlatexmath mailing list
plin@dynamath.tw plin@dynamath.tw
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Jlatexmath] How to use text mode with chinese characters

How to use text mode for chinese characters?
     Using "\\text{...}" with chinese character inside the bracket is
not working.

Thanks!

plin

於 2014/4/26 下午 09:56, Felix Natter 提到:

> Dallan Hunt <[hidden email]> writes:
>> Hello,
> hi Dallan,
>> I have a question about the different formatting in jLatex.  What I am trying to do is, in
>> addition to writing fancy italicized equations, I want to be able to write non-italicized
>> regular text.
>> I have tried the following different ways:
>> LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_SCRIPT, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50, 50);
>> LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_SCRIPT_SCRIPT, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50,
>> 90);
>> LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_DISPLAY, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50, 120);
>> LatexHelper.createTeXIcon("abc", TeXConstants.STYLE_TEXT, 30).paintIcon(null, g, 50, 200);
>> //the last one I expected would be non-italiced, regular looking text but it is still
>> italicized.  Is it possible to create regular text with jLatex?
> You can use "\\text{abc}" which will put you in text mode.
> @Calixte, @Sylvestre: I also think that it would be good to fix
> STYLE_TEXT (are all of the STYLE_ constants ignored?).
> BTW: @Dallan: You probably did not a receive a reply yet because your
> post is "hidden" under the "license violation" thread.
> Thanks and Best Regards,