Linux: Taskmanager Icons of Scilab Application

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Richard llom Richard llom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Linux: Taskmanager Icons of Scilab Application

Under Linux I have the problem that all Scilab application (console, scinotes, help, figures) have the same icon in the taskmanager, which makes it very cumbersome to navigate between them.

Is this just me?
Any way to change this?

Note that the windows them self (in the upper left corner) do have different icons...
Samuel GOUGEON Samuel GOUGEON
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Linux: Taskmanager Icons of Scilab Application

Le 02/08/2017 à 11:41, Richard llom a écrit :
> Under Linux I have the problem that all Scilab application (console,
> scinotes, help, figures) have the same icon in the taskmanager, which makes
> it very cumbersome to navigate between them.
>
> Is this just me?
> Any way to change this?
>
> Note that the windows them self (in the upper left corner) do have different
> icons...

Under Windows, the proper Scinotes icon on its top left is also the one
shown in the task bar. The console and the help browser have the same icon.
Each graphical figure or all GUI based on it -- such as atmosGui() and
demo_gui() -- has a .icon attribute enabling to customize the icon. You
may try to use it, and see if it appears as well in the task bar.
And tell us the result :)

Cheers
Samuel

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Richard llom Richard llom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Linux: Taskmanager Icons of Scilab Application

> Under Windows, the proper Scinotes icon on its top left is also the one
> shown in the task bar.
Scinotes has its proper icon in the window, but not in the taskmanager.
It would be interesting to hear from other linux users, if thats only me or if others have the same problem.

> The console and the help browser have the same icon.
> Each graphical figure or all GUI based on it -- such as atmosGui() and
> demo_gui() -- has a .icon attribute enabling to customize the icon. You
> may try to use it, and see if it appears as well in the task bar.
> And tell us the result :)
Given the above I doubt this would work.
Still I wasn't able to find the code for the icon attribute, can you give a clearer pointer?

Thanks
richard
Clément David-3 Clément David-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Linux: Taskmanager Icons of Scilab Application

Hello Richard,

On Linux, depending on your window manager, you have different rendering. On my Gnome desktop, I got
 the attached screenshot on alt-Tab. Which window manager are you using ?

--
Clément

Le lundi 07 août 2017 à 03:09 -0700, Richard llom a écrit :

> > Under Windows, the proper Scinotes icon on its top left is also the one
> > shown in the task bar.
>
> Scinotes has its proper icon in the window, but not in the taskmanager.
> It would be interesting to hear from other linux users, if thats only me or
> if others have the same problem.
>
> > The console and the help browser have the same icon.
> > Each graphical figure or all GUI based on it -- such as atmosGui() and
> > demo_gui() -- has a .icon attribute enabling to customize the icon. You
> > may try to use it, and see if it appears as well in the task bar.
> > And tell us the result :)
>
> Given the above I doubt this would work.
> Still I wasn't able to find the code for the icon attribute, can you give a
> clearer pointer?
>
> Thanks
> richard
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Linux-Taskmanager-Icons-of-Scilab-App
> lication-tp4036811p4036830.html
> Sent from the Scilab users - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users

2017-08-22 14-14-29.png (145K) Download Attachment
Loading...