[Localization] Restricted mode for Scilab translations

Yuri Chornoivan Yuri Chornoivan

[Localization] Restricted mode for Scilab translations

Hi,

Is it possible to obtain an access to translations of Scilab now?

It seems that the translations were switched to Restricted this summer and
now the Ukrainian translation is unavailable for me even though I have
became a LP translators team coordinator this time...

It will be very sad thing if Scilab will go these closed ways.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards,
Yuri
Vincent COUVERT-2 Vincent COUVERT-2

Re: [Localization] Restricted mode for Scilab translations

Hi Yuri,

Since you are now a member of Scilab.team on Launchpad, you should have
access to the Ukrainian translation. Can you check?

Regards,
Vincent

Le 03/09/2013 21:53, Yuri Chornoivan a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to obtain an access to translations of Scilab now?
>
> It seems that the translations were switched to Restricted this summer
> and now the Ukrainian translation is unavailable for me even though I
> have became a LP translators team coordinator this time...
>
> It will be very sad thing if Scilab will go these closed ways.
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers.
>
> Best regards,
> Yuri
Yuri Chornoivan Yuri Chornoivan

Re: [Localization] Restricted mode for Scilab translations

написане Wed, 04 Sep 2013 11:35:59 +0300, Vincent COUVERT-2 [via Scilab /
Xcos - Mailing Lists Archives] <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Yuri,
>
> Since you are now a member of Scilab.team on Launchpad, you should have
> access to the Ukrainian translation. Can you check?
>
> Regards,
> Vincent

Hi Vincent,

Yes, thanks Scilab team for approving my request. Now everything works
fine.

But the question was slightly different. The following pages:

https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab

http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization

do not contain information about what team should you join if you want to
translate Scilab. This makes contributions to Scilab translations from the
newly joined users very questionable. They do not even know whom or where
to ask about translation of Scilab interface.

Is it possible to add a note, something like "You should join Scilab.team
to submit you proposals to Scilab translations"?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,
Yuri

> Le 03/09/2013 21:53, Yuri Chornoivan a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to obtain an access to translations of Scilab now?
>>
>> It seems that the translations were switched to Restricted this summer
>> and now the Ukrainian translation is unavailable for me even though I
>> have became a LP translators team coordinator this time...
>>
>> It will be very sad thing if Scilab will go these closed ways.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your answers.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Yuri
Vincent COUVERT-2 Vincent COUVERT-2

Re: [Localization] Restricted mode for Scilab translations

Thanks Yuri.

I updated the Scilab Wiki page (
http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization) and send a new email to this mailing-list.

Regards.

Le 04/09/2013 14:36, Yuri Chornoivan a écrit :
написане Wed, 04 Sep 2013 11:35:59 +0300, Vincent COUVERT-2 [via Scilab /
Xcos - Mailing Lists Archives] <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Yuri,
>
> Since you are now a member of Scilab.team on Launchpad, you should have
> access to the Ukrainian translation. Can you check?
>
> Regards,
> Vincent

Hi Vincent,

Yes, thanks Scilab team for approving my request. Now everything works
fine.

But the question was slightly different. The following pages:

https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab

http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization

do not contain information about what team should you join if you want to
translate Scilab. This makes contributions to Scilab translations from the
newly joined users very questionable. They do not even know whom or where
to ask about translation of Scilab interface.

Is it possible to add a note, something like "You should join Scilab.team
to submit you proposals to Scilab translations"?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,
Yuri

> Le 03/09/2013 21:53, Yuri Chornoivan a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to obtain an access to translations of Scilab now?
>>
>> It seems that the translations were switched to Restricted this summer
>> and now the Ukrainian translation is unavailable for me even though I
>> have became a LP translators team coordinator this time...
>>
>> It will be very sad thing if Scilab will go these closed ways.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your answers.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Yuri

Sent from the Scilab localization - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at Nabble.com.