Machine Learning Features in Scilab

mandroid6 mandroid6

Machine Learning Features in Scilab

Hello Dhruv, Yann and Caio Sir,

Can we start discussing about the project Machine Learning Features in SCILAB ?

I have already started reviewing all machine learning models mentioned in my proposals through
Python(scikit-learn) and R, wanted to discuss how should I go about working on the SCILAB implementation part.

Best,
Mandar

Re: Machine Learning Features in Scilab

Hi Mandar, hi mentors,

To host the development, I just created a forge project [1]. Do not hesitate to ask either yann or
me to add yourself ( to the project to have write access.

[1]: http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/machine-learning-toolbox/

Le mardi 09 mai 2017 à 05:51 -0700, mandroid6 a écrit :

> Hello Dhruv, Yann and Caio Sir,
>
> Can we start discussing about the project Machine Learning Features in
> SCILAB ?
>
> I have already started reviewing all machine learning models mentioned in my
> proposals through
> Python(scikit-learn) and R, wanted to discuss how should I go about working
> on the SCILAB implementation part.
>
> Best,
> Mandar

Caioc2 Caioc2

Re: Machine Learning Features in Scilab

Hello,

Clément, could you add me to the project?(my nick is caioc2, related to this same email).

Mandar, I think the best is to wait input from Yann and Dhruv, and we can work over that.

Best,
Caio SOUZA

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Clément David <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mandar, hi mentors,

To host the development, I just created a forge project [1]. Do not hesitate to ask either yann or
me to add yourself ( to the project to have write access.

[1]: http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/machine-learning-toolbox/

Le mardi 09 mai 2017 à 05:51 -0700, mandroid6 a écrit :
> Hello Dhruv, Yann and Caio Sir,
>
> Can we start discussing about the project Machine Learning Features in
> SCILAB ?
>
> I have already started reviewing all machine learning models mentioned in my
> proposals through
> Python(scikit-learn) and R, wanted to discuss how should I go about working
> on the SCILAB implementation part.
>
> Best,
> Mandar

Dhruv Khattar Dhruv Khattar

Re: Machine Learning Features in Scilab

I think it will be good to have a simplified structure like Tensorflow or Theano as Caio mentioned earlier. Also, we could think of building something like Keras which is built on Tensorflow and Theano as the backend. This would ease use of deep learning in Scilab.
Clément, could you also add me to the project?

Dhruv
mandroid6 mandroid6

Re: Machine Learning Features in Scilab

Hi,

Dhruv, I have beginner level experience working with Tensorflow as I have worked through their online tutorials in the past. So should I take up some Tensorflow based online course before the official coding period starts, so that I will be more comfortable with its structure?

Clément, could you also add me to the project?

Thanks,
Mandar

Re: Machine Learning Features in Scilab

Hello Mandar,

Yes of course, what's your username ?

Le vendredi 12 mai 2017 à 03:38 -0700, mandroid6 a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Dhruv, I have beginner level experience working with Tensorflow as I have
> worked through their online tutorials in the past. So should I take up some
> Tensorflow based online course before the official coding period starts, so
> that I will be more comfortable with its structure?
>
> Clément, could you also add me to the project?
>

> Thanks,
> Mandar

mandroid6 mandroid6

Re: Machine Learning Features in Scilab

Its mandroid6
mandroid6 mandroid6

Re: Machine Learning Features in Scilab

Hi ,

I am experimenting with Tensorflow to get a up to speed with its implementation. And am also going through existing SCILAB code for machine learning on the project page.

What else should I do before the official coding period?
From where should I start with the Scilab implementation?