More events needed

Hi all,

just for info (request #647, does anybody watch requests ?)

The mouse wheel and resize events should be transmitted by the
event_handler function. As far as I am concerned, I need
the mouse wheel to implement a zoom command in the Plotlib, and the
resize event could help to preserve the window
content when using the pixmap mode.

Re: More events needed

Le mardi 09 juin 2009 à 09:01 +0200, StŽéphane Mottelet a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> just for info (request #647, does anybody watch requests ?)
Yep, all the team is receiving them.

> The mouse wheel and resize events should be transmitted by the
> event_handler function. As far as I am concerned, I need
> the mouse wheel to implement a zoom command in the Plotlib, and the
> resize event could help to preserve the window
> content when using the pixmap mode.
Indeed, this feature (mouse wheel in particular) could be interesting.
Would you mind writing a SEP to detail how you would like to see it from
the user perspective ?

Re: More events needed

Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
Le mardi 09 juin 2009 à 09:01 +0200, StŽéphane Mottelet a écrit :

Hi all,

just for info (request #647, does anybody watch requests ?)

Yep, all the team is receiving them.

The mouse wheel and resize events should be transmitted by the
event_handler function. As far as I am concerned, I need
the mouse wheel to implement a zoom command in the Plotlib, and the
resize event could help to preserve the window
content when using the pixmap mode.

Indeed, this feature (mouse wheel in particular) could be interesting.
Would you mind writing a SEP to detail how you would like to see it from
the user perspective ?

Sylvestre

Well, I have been seing many SEPs these former weeks, where is the repository/place
to issue them ?

Re: More events needed

> > > The mouse wheel and resize events should be transmitted by the
> > > event_handler function. As far as I am concerned, I need
> > > the mouse wheel to implement a zoom command in the Plotlib, and the
> > > resize event could help to preserve the window
> > > content when using the pixmap mode.
> > >
> > Indeed, this feature (mouse wheel in particular) could be interesting.
> > Would you mind writing a SEP to detail how you would like to see it from
> > the user perspective ?
> >
> Well, I have been seing many SEPs these former weeks, where is the
> repository/place
> to issue them ?
The SEP #1 describes what is a SEP.
http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab;a=blob;f=SEP/SEP_1_SEP_definition.odt;h=43ad3364d1a822e172ea2c82cb2db9012a4b0c58;hb=HEAD

To summarize:
* you write it and explain how you see the feature and so on
* you send it on the developer ML
* we discuss about it
* when a concensius is found, the development can start/be pushed.

Sylvestre