Quantcast

MySQL Connector for Scilab 5.5.2 64 bit Windows

michaelb88 michaelb88

MySQL Connector for Scilab 5.5.2 64 bit Windows

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a way to connect to a MySQL database using Scilab 5.5.2 Windows 64 bit.

Thanks,
Michael
Amanda Osvaldo Amanda Osvaldo

Re: MySQL Connector for Scilab 5.5.2 64 bit Windows

The worst, I can say, it's to use a CSV Engine in MySQL and work  in SciLAB the file only for read.

A medium approach, it's to create a server that communication with SciLAB using Sockets and receive your SQL queries and return it in JSON.

The better aproach I don't know @.@
Let's wait for another answers. :-D

-- Amanda

Le 28/02/2017 à 18:07, Amanda Osvaldo a écrit :
> The worst, I can say, it's to use a CSV Engine in MySQL and work  in
> SciLAB the file only for read.
>
> A medium approach, it's to create a server that communication with
> SciLAB using Sockets and receive your SQL queries and return it in JSON.
>
> The better aproach I don't know @.@

Maybe to get involved in the upgrade of the scidb module:
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/scidb/0.1.1
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/scidb/

michaelb88 michaelb88

Re: MySQL Connector for Scilab 5.5.2 64 bit Windows

Thank you for the suggestions, Samuel and Amanda. I think I am going to experiment with the Python connector since I have a large library of Python code that I can reuse.