No text in plots / scicos

Soren Hansen Soren Hansen

No text in plots / scicos

Hi

I have installed Scilab-5.1 from source on a PC running Linux. When i try plotting anything i get a plotting window without any text on the axis etc. Same thing happens when I open Scicos palettes .. the text is not visible.

Do I need to specify a font-path, or is something else wrong.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

- Soren

Re: No text in plots / scicos

Le mardi 03 mars 2009 à 13:37 +0100, Soren Hansen a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have installed Scilab-5.1 from source on a PC running Linux. When i
> try plotting anything i get a plotting window without any text on the
> axis etc. Same thing happens when I open Scicos palettes .. the text
> is not visible.
>
> Do I need to specify a font-path, or is something else wrong.
Depends on the distribution... but it is common that font packages are
not installed by default with the JVM.
You can install them (if you are running Mandriva, Yann could help you)
or change the font in the Scilab menu.

Sylvestre

Soren Hansen Soren Hansen

Re: No text in plots / scicos

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Sylvestre Ledru <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le mardi 03 mars 2009 à 13:37 +0100, Soren Hansen a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have installed Scilab-5.1 from source on a PC running Linux. When i
> try plotting anything i get a plotting window without any text on the
> axis etc. Same thing happens when I open Scicos palettes .. the text
> is not visible.
>
> Do I need to specify a font-path, or is something else wrong.
Depends on the distribution... but it is common that font packages are
not installed by default with the JVM.
You can install them (if you are running Mandriva, Yann could help you)
or change the font in the Scilab menu.

Ok, thanks.

I found a solution. I am using Ubuntu 8.04 with the and I had installed both Suns java environment and OpenJDK, but compiled Scilab with OpenJDK. When rebuilding Scilab with Suns java I got the axis texts correct. Apparently I am missing some fonts in OpenJDK

- Soren