Here is some news about the future packaging of Scilab 5.4.0.
We are going to release an alpha release pretty soon.
We did several changes:
* merge of many libs into a single one (libscilab-cli.so)
It both simplifies the packaging and improves performances.
* We moved the icons from icons/ to desktop/
* We removed the bundled sources of bwidget. You will need to add a symlink in SCI/modules/tclsci/tcl/BWidget to the actual sources.
(we will probably improve that)
We upgraded some of Scilab dependencies :
* Jrosetta to version 1.0.4
* Flexdock 1.0 (minor update)
There is no API breakage and they are fairly easy to package.
* jgraphx has been updated to version 22.214.171.124.
And, last but not least, we removed the bundled version of arpack to use arpack-ng. We are leading on a project to
finally merge many modifications in arpack from Scilab, Debian, Gentoo & Octave. It is available here:
We called it arpack 3.0.
Le lundi 12 décembre 2011 à 21:10 +0100, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
> Hello guys,
> Here is some news about the future packaging of Scilab 5.4.0.
I uploaded the alpha 1 into debian experimental
and applied the modification about arpack-ng.