Packaging news

Hello guys,

Here is some news about the future packaging of Scilab 5.4.0.

We are going to release an alpha release pretty soon.
We did several changes:
* merge of many libs into a single one (libscilab-cli.so)
It both simplifies the packaging and improves performances.
* We moved the icons from icons/ to desktop/
* We removed the bundled sources of bwidget. You will need to add a symlink in SCI/modules/tclsci/tcl/BWidget to the actual sources.
(we will probably improve that)

We upgraded some of Scilab dependencies :
* Jrosetta to version 1.0.4
* Flexdock 1.0 (minor update)
There is no API breakage and they are fairly easy to package.

* jgraphx has been updated to version 1.8.0.0.

And, last but not least, we removed the bundled version of arpack to use arpack-ng. We are leading on a project to
finally merge many modifications in arpack from Scilab, Debian, Gentoo & Octave. It is available here:
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/ p/arpack-ng/
We called it arpack 3.0.

Cheers,
Sylvestre

Sylvestre Ledru-4 Sylvestre Ledru-4

Re: Packaging news

Le lundi 12 décembre 2011 à 21:10 +0100, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
> Hello guys,
>
> Here is some news about the future packaging of Scilab 5.4.0.
I uploaded the alpha 1 into debian experimental
and applied the modification about arpack-ng.

Patches are available here:
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/package/scilab/5.4.0-alpha-1-1~exp2
(but I think adddemo.diff might be buggy).

Sylvestre Ledru
Projects manager
Community manager
Scilab Enterprises