Path to the LAPACK and BLAS librairies

Pierre-Antoine Pierre-Antoine

Path to the LAPACK and BLAS librairies

Hello,

I am currently working on a toolbox (sytems identification) wich has to be linked with BLAS and LAPACK . On my own computer, there is no problem to build the toolbox with Scilab utilities (tbx_build_gateway, etc.). Indeed, i know the path to these librairies. But, this path can change from an installation to another.

So, is there a systematic way to know  the path to the LAPACK and BLAS librairies used by Scilab?

Thanks in advance,
Pierre-Antoine

Re: Path to the LAPACK and BLAS librairies

Le mercredi 03 août 2011 à 14:39 -0700, Pierre-Antoine a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am currently working on a toolbox (sytems identification) wich has to be
> linked with BLAS and LAPACK . On my own computer, there is no problem to
> build the toolbox with Scilab utilities (tbx_build_gateway, etc.). Indeed, i
> know the path to these librairies. But, this path can change from an
> installation to another.
>
> So, is there a systematic way to know  the path to the LAPACK and BLAS
> librairies used by Scilab?
-lblas and -llapack should do the trick (at least under Linux & Mac OS
X) since the right paths are set in the Scilab environnement.

Sylvestre

Pierre-Antoine Pierre-Antoine

Re: Path to the LAPACK and BLAS librairies

Thanks for your reply,

So, if i understand :

-  i just have to modify  the LDFLAGS under Linux and Mac OS X
-  i just have to add the full path to the librairies under windows

Le mercredi 03 août 2011 à 14:52 -0700, Pierre-Antoine a écrit :
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> So, if i understand :
>
> -  i just have to modify  the LDFLAGS under Linux and Mac OS X
Yes, at build time

> -  i just have to add the full path to the librairies under windows
I don't know for Windows.

Pierre-Antoine Pierre-Antoine

Re: Path to the LAPACK and BLAS librairies

Thanks a lot for your quick response, I will post the results of my tests.

Pierre-Antoine
Pierre-Antoine Pierre-Antoine

Re: Path to the LAPACK and BLAS librairies

It is OK under linux.
I will try under windows.

Thanks,
Pierrre-Antoine
Allan CORNET Allan CORNET

Re: Path to the LAPACK and BLAS librairies

On Windows, you have nothing to do since path and flags about lapack
and blas used are by default embedded in Scilab.

I advice to not change this since Scilab on Windows uses MKL and it is
faster than lapack and blas ref.

Allan