Please make Scilab 6.0.2 and 6.1.0 selinux enforcing compatible

wrthissell wrthissell

Please make Scilab 6.0.2 and 6.1.0 selinux enforcing compatible

Dear Scilab developers,

                We are required to use selinux enforcing for information assurance compliance.  I have noticed that scilab 6.0.2 does not start when selinux is enforcing.

                I recommend that you resolve this issue so that we may use Scilab.

Sincerely yours,

Rich Thissell

Re: Please make Scilab 6.0.2 and 6.1.0 selinux enforcing compatible

Hello Rich,

Thanks for the information, we already tried to fix some issues related to SELinux settings but this really depends on the machine administrator. As far as a stock Scilab binary (from www.scilab.org) embed its own JVM which requires executable stack, it might fail to start on SELinux enforcing mode. If you use a Scilab build from your operating system, this might work without issue as the JVM comes from your operating system and is properly tagged.

Do you have any issue with a Scilab from your operating system packaging system ?