Project for Google Summer of Code 2010

Muhammad Umair Muhammad Umair

Project for Google Summer of Code 2010

Hey,

I did bachelors in Information and Communication System Engineering and now pursuing further education in the same field. I worked on “Design and development of Automatic Frequency Tool” research and development project which was in collaborative between NUST School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Warid Telecom, Warid Telecom (Pvt) Limited, Abu Dhabi and SingTel Alliance. I worked on the input data preparation and the development of Automatic Frequency Planning and Optimization Algorithm.

I also worked in the Network Switching Subsystem (NSS) department
at Mobilink Telecom (PMCL), Group of Multinational Orascom Telecom as an internee. During the internship, I worked on the monitoring of the network performance and generating reports using Radio Network Optimization (RNO) tool, design and monitor the alarm issues, network hardware checks, and trunk out of services reports (TOS) for Next Generation Network (NGN) switch.

I am extremely interested to implement the support for Simulink with Scilab/Xcos. This will allow importing Simulink diagram on Xcos. I have an extensive experience in C/C++ and MATLAB programming.  I have an experience of MATLAB in the development of Automatic Frequency Planning and Optimization Tool for the Cellular Networks and implementing the Concept of Speech Coding Using Sub Band Technique with the help of Simulink. I believe that I can make a major contribution in this project .Please find the attached resume, research and industrial experience details.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Umair

Umair-Resume.pdf (51K) Download Attachment
Research-Work-Experience.pdf (11K) Download Attachment
Industrial-Work-Experience.pdf (13K) Download Attachment
CERTIFICATES.pdf (155K) Download Attachment

Re: Project for Google Summer of Code 2010

Hello Muhammad,

Le vendredi 02 avril 2010 à 01:27 +0500, Muhammad Umair a écrit :
> Hey,
[...]

> I am extremely interested to implement the support for Simulink with
> Scilab/Xcos. This will allow importing Simulink diagram on Xcos. I
> have an extensive experience in C/C++ and MATLAB programming.  I have
> an experience of MATLAB in the development of Automatic Frequency
> Planning and Optimization Tool for the Cellular Networks and
> implementing the Concept of Speech Coding Using Sub Band Technique
> with the help of Simulink. I believe that I can make a major
> contribution in this project .Please find the attached resume,
> research and industrial experience details.
Thanks for all these information.
Note that the selection is done on a proposal. This must provide the
various elements listed here:
http://wiki.scilab.org/How_to_apply_to_the_GSOC_%3F