Protecting a new variable by using predef()

A Khorshidi A Khorshidi

Protecting a new variable by using predef()

Hi;

the help says: "predef(n) sets the max(n,7) last defined variables as protected"
So, predef(n) doesn't protect my new defined variables. In fact this syntax is equivalent to predef('clear') !

-->predef()
 ans  =

    75.

-->a1=1;a2=2;a3=3;a4=4;

-->predef(4)
 ans  =

    75.    13.

So my question is, how to protect only one variable? for example "a1"

Merci
Mehran
Serge Steer-3 Serge Steer-3

Re: Protecting a new variable by using predef()

Le 28/08/2013 09:50, A Khorshidi a écrit :

> Hi;
>
> the help says: "predef(n) sets the max(n,7) last defined variables as
> protected"
> So, predef(n) doesn't protect my new defined variables. In fact this syntax
> is equivalent to predef('clear') !
>
> -->predef()
>   ans  =
>
>      75.
>
> -->a1=1;a2=2;a3=3;a4=4;
>
> -->predef(4)
>   ans  =
>
>      75.    13.
>

> So my question is, how to protect only one variable? for example "a1"
It is not possible yet.
Serge